Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap grain-free cat food? page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Anyone knows one? I'm tired of my mom feeding my cat corn- and rice-based food.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Or should I just feed it cheap cuts of raw meat?

primal angel Guest

I feed my cats raw mince type pet food, and kangaroo mince. They love it and turn up there noses at anything less than primal. They also get chicken necks or wing tips sometimes.

Paneristi is offline Member

sardines

buffalo is offline Junior Member

My cat loves the raw meat. I buy it pre-packaged from Red Dog Deli though. However, it&#39;s not just meat, but a mix of meat, organs and bone with a small amount of vegetables:

"Blue Kat meals for cats contain 98% meat mixture and 2% vegetables. The meat mixture contains approximately 30% organs - 20% heart for dietary taurine requirements and 10% liver for Vitamin A. The cat meals also contain wild salmon oil and free-range egg yolks."

They sell a buffalo meal and turkey meal, but they warn on the buffalo meal note to make this the only food, as it has no bones in the meal. The turkey meal is 25% ground bones, for the calcium content.

The only problem with the turkey meal is my cat likes it too much. It makes her really affectionate and snuggly. She is always really eager for it, and bugs me when I&#39;m on the computer or in the early mornings and tries to wake me up at 6 am.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I&#39;m curious about this too. I&#39;m considering getting a cat, and I want to feed it quality food. However, I highly doubt I can afford to be feeding it meat, when I have enough trouble feeding myself. *sigh*

Yeah, we can hardly afford to feed ourselves, let alone the cat! ... so will regular cheap cuts of meat from the supermarket do it? Is it at least better than dry food? I was checking the prices of grain-free foods online, and they&#39;re so expensive. =\

Acmebike is offline Member

Google up Slanker&#39;s Meats in Texas. They sell a high-vitamin, high organ mix grass fed ground meat pet food. All grass fed, all pure and natural, no fillers, nothing but meat/fat/organs. $2.50 a pound shipped right to your door. And it is a great 2 x a week supplement to a human&#39;s intake, too.

I found this one:

http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/Bravo!-Raw-Food-Diets/301000.aspx

What do you think? It&#39;s cheap.

Could I also eat it?

Chelc is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Well, what I feed my cats is not raw, or probably the "best out there", but they like it. It is called "By Nature: Organic Chicken". No grain, no corn. Meat is main ingredient. I am a big believer in NOT feeding your pets corn or grain. While most cats eat eat eat nonstop of their corn food, my three cats slowly graze over their dry food all day. Eat a little, get full, and go on. They are all very lean, not fat at all, very energetic and have BEAUTIFUL coats. It is a little expensive at $20 per bag, but it really pans out because that bag will last a little over 2 weeks with 3 cats. Not bad. I get it at Petsmart...it is the ONLY decent food I found there for cats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast