Thread: Hey there everyone! page

Dialit is offline Junior Member

Hey there everyone!

Primal Fuel
    Hello to all! Am so excited to be here. We've been primal/quasi-paleo for about 3-4 weeks now (the hubby and I... There's been no convincing the 18 year old!)

We're hoping we've finally found a lifestyle that can help us both! Our primary motivation is my husband's health. About 3 years ago, over a relatively short period of time, he went from feeling OK (read not bad enough to think anything was wrong except getting older) to feeling like absolute dirt, in about 2-3 months... Skin rashes, bloating, gas, lethargy, depression, chest pain, sinus problems, GI issues... You name it, it all fell on his head at once, and as so many find, no MD, and we saw plenty, was able to put a name to things, or even offer much in the way of short term relief. About 2 years ago, we gave up dairy, and that seemed to help a bit. About 6 months ago a friend sent us an article on gluten intolerance so we gave GF a shot, and that helped a lot, but he still wasn't feeling his best. Then on a lark, I decided to do low carb to lose weight, and as I dug deeper and deeper into the info available online I discovered the incredible amount of info available about healing the body through various lower carb, whole food diets often called "paleo", which ultimately led us to PB. And that seems to be doing the trick! For the first time in 3 years he's rating days as 8/10... When we started this journey, he estimates he felt about 1-2/10 most days. Symptoms... Gone or going! Energy level up!

While I haven't progressed as much as I'd like weight wise, I'm moving down the scale slowly, but have had some wonderful non-scale victories, including no more snoring and no more waking up stiff and achy! I'm OK with a slow and steady decline to my natural weight, so all's cool there.

And eating is a joy! We cook together, we shop together! Food has become (as I imagine it was in days of old) an intimate, social occasion, nourishing our bodies and minds and relationship.

Overall, we couldn't be happier with this new lifestyle. We do miss eating out a little... OK, its really missing being able to just not feel like cooking and it being easy to run down to the local diner... But it has been 100% worth it.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    What a story! Welcome!

Be sure to download the free Primal Blueprint Fitness ebook as well.

When te 18 year old sees the changes in body composition he might just get interested.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome. I hope to see your stories on the Friday post someday.

Roa
    Roa is offline Member
    Hi, both of you! That story is similar to mine, you have no idea. I'm glad what you've tried is working.

I'm not too happy about cooking myself, so I make it simple. Good, honest ingredients are important though! For your husband; has he checked for hidden sources of gluten too? It is extremely difficult to ensure you are not exposed to the crap. Wheat starch, medicine, lip balm, soap, etc...

JacksonMart2 is offline Junior Member
    Hi
    everyone!
    I am new here. I am Graduation Student.
    I found lot of information here is a very good forum about health. I am very healthy and I want to reduce my weight. This forum helpful for me.
    I want to make nice friend here that I gain something good.
    thanks

Dialit is offline Junior Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Roa View Post
    For your husband; has he checked for hidden sources of gluten too? It is extremely difficult to ensure you are not exposed to the crap. Wheat starch, medicine, lip balm, soap, etc...
    Yes, we are super careful. I've checked the gluten status of all of his hygiene products, and I home-make almost all our condiments, etc... things where "hidden gluten" are frequently found, and we try to keep it simple, yet yummy. Herbs and spices and yummy fats help a lot!

It is sometimes tough, but at the same time it's really exciting, and interesting and adventurous...

Roa
    Roa is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dialit View Post
    Yes, we are super careful. I've checked the gluten status of all of his hygiene products, and I home-make almost all our condiments, etc... things where "hidden gluten" are frequently found, and we try to keep it simple, yet yummy. Herbs and spices and yummy fats help a lot!

It is sometimes tough, but at the same time it's really exciting, and interesting and adventurous...
    Not easy, no... I wish you both the best of luck though.