Thread: Coke (with Sugar) page

C2H5OH is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Since I remember it was the best drink ever. It cures my headache, cures my depression, it gives me plenty of energy, it destroys brain fog. How do you think, the effects are due to sugar content or caffeine content or something else? The effects of drinking are so good I sometimes doubt I can live without it

The aspartame or diet coke don't taste well, don't help me even a little bit. But other sugary drinks don't work as well. Did anybody have similiar experience ?

I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
    Yeah!

stevehtcyl is offline Member

Asa Candler, the guy who made coke what it is today originally used it to remove his migranes, he said it was the only thing that ever worked. The recipe has changed since then but who knows there might still be something in there that helps.

Yes, but we can't fit it anyway into primal blueprint. I have to use it because of all these exams. Brain fog isn't the best friend of a student. I wish there was something else to help

Yeah!

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member

maybe try coffee? the biggest problem is that they don't use "sugar" any more, instead everything is HFCS unless you get the pepsi throwback stuff.

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

there is sugar, I read the labels

Coffe makes me sluggish and sleepy, but I can't sleep and just lie in bed for hours, strange isn't it? Coke is the best

Yeah!

Acmebike is offline Member

Original formula Coke was a loooong time before my time, and likely before anyone here (any Centenarians among us?) but if I recall, it had liquid cocaine. Must've worked like a champ.

maba is offline Senior Member

Ethanol, have you tried diluting coke with sparkling water? And slowly you can incease the amount of sparkling water and reduce the amount of coke and then completely go off of it.

buffalo is offline Junior Member

Coke is just large amounts of sugar, caffeine and salt. That trio forms a powerful cocktail.

If your migraines are alleviated by caffeine, then they may be induced by caffeine. I had migraines off-and-on for years, and it was only by kicking caffeine completely that I was able to get 100% headache free. Even after eating clean on primal diet for several months, I attempted to re-introduce caffeine via green tea, but the headaches came back.

Check out this dude's site for some interesting hypothesis on the link behind caffeine intake and migraines:

http://www.caffeineandmigraine.com/

If coffee makes you awake but sluggish, and Coke alleviates your brain fog, then try mixing 1 cup of coffee with 1/3 cup of sugar. Coke has a *tonne* of sugar in it. Brain fog is a sign of a high-sugar, high-carb diet.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/714192/must_see_this_the_amount_of_sugar_in_coke/

The high salt content in Coke is just there to make you thirstier so that you tend to rationalize larger portion sizes ... hence more caffeine and more sugar.