Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just started Paleo, then I found out I'm preggers...help! page

Summertime is offline Junior Member

Smile Just started Paleo, then I found out I'm preggers...help!

Shop Now
    Hello, I just started Paleo, going into my second week of Paleo and I just found out I'm about 4 weeks pregnant. So now I'm wondering should I continue on Paleo or what? Lots of the symptoms women say they get I've not experienced. I am tired, breast a little achy, and a little heartburn but no nausea or worse. I don't know if it's because I'm too early in the pregnancy or is it because of Paleo. Your thoughts? Thank you.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Summertime, congrats! Being pregnant is about as paleo as it gets.

You've timed things very well! I encourage you to stick with the paleo eating guidelines. You and your little one will get lots of nutrition that way and your pregnancy will go more easily. My wife is six months into her first paleo pregnancy, and it's going much easier than the last one did, just from cutting out grains and legumes (pretty much the only way she wasn't paleo before).

I do think four weeks is a little early to start feeling the typical pregnancy complaints. But maybe you'll get lucky!

Again, congrats!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    You should get off paleo because our ancestors started to eat lots of whole wheat pasta and margarine and feedlot-raised meats when they got pregnant.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Summertime, congrats! Being pregnant is about as paleo as it gets.

You've timed things very well! I encourage you to stick with the paleo eating guidelines. You and your little one will get lots of nutrition that way and your pregnancy will go more easily. My wife is six months into her first paleo pregnancy, and it's going much easier than the last one did, just from cutting out grains and legumes (pretty much the only way she wasn't paleo before).

I do think four weeks is a little early to start feeling the typical pregnancy complaints. But maybe you'll get lucky!

Again, congrats!
    +100

Eating this way is probably the best start in life you could give your baby IMHO.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    You should get off paleo because our ancestors started to eat lots of whole wheat pasta and margarine and feedlot-raised meats when they got pregnant.
    lmfao you're such a smart arse GC
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

DSR84 is offline Member
    You might want to check out Chris Kresser's "Healthy Baby Code". Robb Wolf sure plugs the hell out of it.

Also, whiskey.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    lmfao you're such a smart arse GC
    Nothing personal to the OP, but this kind of question does come up a lot and it makes me wonder: if you don't trust a way of eating enough to adopt it when you need to be at your healthiest (eg. pregnancy), why are you thinking of adopting it at all in the first place?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I was primal for 6 months when I fell pregnant in Feb 2010. After 6 weeks I was so sick, the only thing I could stomach was bread and bread and more bread. there was no way I could change that even if I wanted too. Hopefully you won't get the dreaded all-day sickness, but if you do, eat what you can handle. I craved cheese, blueberries and avocados too, so I managed to squeeze ome health into the poor baby!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Nothing personal to the OP, but this kind of question does come up a lot and it makes me wonder: if you don't trust a way of eating enough to adopt it when you need to be at your healthiest (eg. pregnancy), why are you thinking of adopting it at all in the first place?
    Because a lot of people are willing to anything to lose weight. They don't actually care nearly as much about the health benefits of primal eating so they may not have bought in to the health benefits part 100%. But when it comes to a baby they have to take any doubts seriously.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Summertime View Post
    Hello, I just started Paleo, going into my second week of Paleo and I just found out I'm about 4 weeks pregnant. Your thoughts? Thank you.
    Anecdotal evidence. Eating paleo does not cause pregnancy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast