Thread: An Irishmans primal/IF journey journal page

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member

An Irishmans primal/IF journey journal

Primal Fuel
    Hey folks

New here so hello to all, I welcome all comments and feedback on how my journey is going. Tips are absolutey appreciated. I've been primal for around 11 weeks now and loving this way of life. Yesterday I started IF, what a difference it made to my day. I will try to update this daily, but will do what I can. I'll put a few progress pics on as well, from the beginning of my weight loss journey at 252 pounds, to my current weight of 189.

I should also note, weight loss is no longer my primary objective, though extra muscle definition would be superb, especially my abs. I also point blank REFUSE to be a slave to my stomach any longer.

So, Thursday 3rd November.

First IF day, no food from the previous night. I had some feelings of hunger but I guess being so used to breakfast it's normal. I had a cup of coffee with cream at 10:15, otherwise I just drank my normal amount of water through the morning.

13:30, absolutely ready for lunch! Grinned smugly on my way to the canteen at the guys eating their regular Thursday afternoon KFC 'meal'.I had some home made thai green curry with lamb in my lunchbox. All primal ingredients. I also had a handful of strawberries, almonds, a sliced banana and cream in a seperate box. I ate half before my lunch, and the rest after. MAN did I enjoy that lunch after a 16 hour fast!

Mid afternoon tends to be a time when my mind wanders a bit and I start to feel a little tired, today I was alert, and energetic.

16:30, I had a handful of almons before my training session. I'm on a 12 week 5x5 strength program which I beasted my way through, feeling absolutely full of energy. Ended with some core work.

19:00, more curry with extra broccoli added. I normallymake huge batches of things to last me 2 or 3 days.

21:15, another handful of strawberries with coconut cream. Then bed at 11pm, feeling nice weary and excited for Friday.
    Last edited by smilingjustalittlebit; 11-04-2011 at 05:46 AM.

jfrendek is offline Senior Member

Welcome

Welcome!

I've been eating this way for just over a year. At first I went back to my standard low carb ways which do work but when I discovered Primal living I knew I had put the icing on the cake. I eat low carb whole foods and dumped the grains altogether. I'm down 61 LBS now with out a struggle and only minimal exercise and I feel much better.

I was beating myself for 3 years with hard training, lots of running and totally hit a plateau on the weight loss. I don't need much cardio now, though i do enjoy a hard 5k run, and lots of mountain biking. Everything about this lifestyle appeals to me, the past 11 weeks have been glorious.

IF day 2, 4th November.

Pretty much the same food as the 3rd, energy levels still huge.

IF day 3, 5th November.

Remainder of my curry at 1pm, brought along a bag of almonds to enjoy at football, then some bacon, scrambled eggs, parsnips, carrots, red onion, squash and sweet potato for dinner.

Energy levels through the roof, feeling clear headed, and it great spirits. I will NOT be a slave to my stomach! Rest day from training, mountain biking tomorrow. Curious to see how that goes as i'll still be fasting at the time.

Also, as promised, progress pics.

Started here:

Then through a carb ridden diet and moderate exercise got to here:

Then a relationship breakup lost some extra weight for me, to here:

And then here, a few days before primal

And then after 3 weeks or so:

And my most recent:

dkd2001 is offline Senior Member
    Wow -- huge differences already. You are doing great.
    Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    SO this is going well, forgot I started it!

Approaching 2 weeks of IF now, will try to get a bodyfat reading done tonight and see where things sit. I feel GREAT though, how nice to be in charge of my stomach now, instead of the other way around. As I read on here, eat to live, don't live to eat.

So anyway, yesterdays eating went as follows:

2 cups coffee with cream through the morning.
    16 hour fast broken at 13:30 with some red salmon, carrots, parsnips, beetroot and bok choy.
    Dinner of beef wrapped in bacon, more carrots, parsnips and beetroot. Little bit of creamed coconut. Strawberries & blueberries in a little cream for dessert. Oh and some home made guacamole, DELICIOUS!