Thread: Vegging Out! page

Backtobasics is offline Junior Member

Vegging Out!

Shop Now
    Hi all:

Since I've gone Primal, I've been enjoying eating veggies like never before! Before I started eating Primal, despite my good intentions to eat more veggies, the moment I began getting hungry, I ended up choosing the bad stuff. Why not now? My guess is that, the removal of carbs from my diet, among other things, must have done something to my hormonal balance and now I naturally reach for the veggies and really enjoy them!

And the simpler the recipe, the more I like them. Salads of all kinds; steam-cooked, followed with a good smear of olive oil and a sprinkle of apple cider vinegar; or sautéed in ghee or the fat that leeches out of the pieces of bacon I sometimes add.

I experimented with not adding salt and was impressed by how delicious veggies taste without it!

So, I hope I've added something useful to the Primal recipe list. I'd be also curious to know if others have noticed the same taste transformation as I did.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    oh I was wondering where your "go veg!" link was.

Backtobasics is offline Junior Member
    Not following... care to explain?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you'll have to forgive him, he didn't get his daily hug
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

jaye is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Backtobasics View Post
    Hi all:

Since I've gone Primal, I've been enjoying eating veggies like never before! Before I started eating Primal, despite my good intentions to eat more veggies, the moment I began getting hungry, I ended up choosing the bad stuff. Why not now? My guess is that, the removal of carbs from my diet, among other things, must have done something to my hormonal balance and now I naturally reach for the veggies and really enjoy them!

And the simpler the recipe, the more I like them. Salads of all kinds; steam-cooked, followed with a good smear of olive oil and a sprinkle of apple cider vinegar; or sautéed in ghee or the fat that leeches out of the pieces of bacon I sometimes add.

I experimented with not adding salt and was impressed by how delicious veggies taste without it!

So, I hope I've added something useful to the Primal recipe list. I'd be also curious to know if others have noticed the same taste transformation as I did.
    Ditto! I liked veggies before but now I look forward to a variety of veggies and trying new ones much more than I used to. I also have found that the amount of salt I crave/ use is decreasing naturally.

I just discovered Celeriac! It is sooo good. Very simple, too. Just peel, cube, boil, mash.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    I've found that some of the things I used to eat, are now too sweet. Red Bell Peppers used to be a snack - now they're too sweet and I don't care for them much. Even the little tomatoes we grow in the garden have become too sugary.

But, I still enjoy fresh strawberries

When I crave veggies, it's almost always leafy greens. I don't eat a salad every day - but I do notice that I want them 3-4 times a week. I don't put fruit-veggies in my salad, like peppers and carrots and such. For some reason, I don't like it.

Hmm, I've just realized that I'm not big on mixing veggies. lol I prefer them alone, to enjoy their flavors and textures seperately.

Mouse is offline Member
    I definitely eat more veggies too, and a greater variety in a given week. The real irony is that I eat more veggies NOW than when I was a vegetarian. Apparently grains crowd out vegetables far more than meat.