Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silly newbie asking silly question. Why am I so tired? page 2

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by LucieLuxe View Post
    But if my carbs are so low wouldn't I likely be dropping weight or at least "breaking even" even without formal exercise?
    When you first drastically reduce your carb intake, you'll drop a bunch of water weight. After that things slow down, and you still have to make sure you're not getting too many calories (or too few) to see continued weight loss. Are you measuring as well as weighing??
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Eat some starches, sweet potato and more squash, or even white potatoes and rice.

LucieLuxe is offline Junior Member
    I'm not measurig myself, but I had zero initial waterweight loss and two months in my scale weight is up 7lbs and my clothes are much tighter. I've always been quite slim, but I really feel puffy and lethargic. I really think this is due to the sharp fall-off in exercise when I started feeling very tired.
    I did eat an entire half of a Kabocha squash yesterday in addition to the other veggies and meat and I still had to drag myself through work and just about collapsed afterwards.
    Also, I don't seem to be experiencing the decreased appetite that most do, I could just eat and eat and eat chicken thighs or Brussels sprouts for ever.
    I've omitted dairy a ling time ago (although it was never an issue before).
    What's wrong with me? Am I just not cut out for this shiz?
    I've always been extremely healthy and active, my goal in this was just to improve upon this and maybe drop 5lbs.
    Heeeelllppp!

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Eating some primal starches should help you boost your activity level. There's often an adjustment period.

fatisyummy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LucieLuxe View Post
    Also, I don't seem to be experiencing the decreased appetite that most do, I could just eat and eat and eat chicken thighs or Brussels sprouts for ever.
    Me too. I wish I could figure this one out. I have no problem devouring an entire rotisserie chicken or 6 egg omelet and then I'm ready for more a few hours later. I have no problem outeating my wrestler boyfriend with 50lbs on me. I am so tired of having to exert willpower to stop eating.

LucieLuxe is offline Junior Member
    Seriously? Why must we be bottomless foodpits?
    Ibthink boredom/stress may play a roll, but also I just love to eat!
    I'm lucky I've always just been petite but at age 27 I can see that changing a bit. Make it stop, akk!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    It may be you are not getting enough fat. Chicken never keeps me full for long. Beef and pork are far better for that. Especially if cooked with some ghee or bacon fat.

It could also be low carb flu.

ETA: That is quite a lot of bacon. Could you try having burger patties for breakfast instead?

Well, I know in my case, it isn't a matter of not enough fat. I can eat endless ribs too (dry rubbed). And I've been primal for over a year and low carb well before that.

I'm a stress eater too. I get stressed and it gives me that "I have low blood sugar and must eat," shaky, brain foggy feeling.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried taking digestive enzymes?? It's possible you're not getting all the nutrients from the food you're eating, leading you to still be hungry.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by tradawg View Post
    Have you tried taking digestive enzymes?? It's possible you're not getting all the nutrients from the food you're eating, leading you to still be hungry.
    Interesting. Have not tried. I sort of just assumed that since I was eating such dense, nutritious, non gut irritating food, and since my digestion seems to run smoothly that I wouldn't have this sort of problem. But definitely worth a shot, thanks, I would like to see if this makes any difference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast