I've been semi-primal for about 3 and a half weeks. I haven't been as successful as I would wish (lost only 3 pounds), and even though I think all of the things I'm going to list are working against me, I would like to know which of those things is the worst.
- No exercising beyond walking for an hour once a week.
- Chocolate after dinner. Counting this in, my total carbs are still under a 100 a day, 30 grs of chocolate= 18 grs of carbs after dinner. This number goes to about 6 carbs now that I'm having 85% chocolate.
- One binge day a week for the past 3 weeks. Trying to eliminate that from this week onwards.
- I was just diagnosed with borderline hypothyroidism (because of this I chose not to take medicine for it).
- Fasting: I wake up around 10.30am, and don't eat until lunch at noon. Then we have dinner around 6pm. Then sometimes we'll have a no-carbs snack around 10.30 if we're too hungry. According to the leptin posts, fasting when you're still resistant works against you.
I'm a slow-approach kinda gal; I need some success before going for it full force. I have no will power. I'm sticking to this way of eating because of its health factor, but I think that to be totally healthy I do need to lose weight.
The "hypothyroidism" and my recent move to another country (no job, no friends) have me very low energy mood-wise, so it's been really tough to start doing exercise. I do intend to change that, but a little boost would help!
What do you guys think? What is so bad that I haven't lost weight yet? Which change will make the most significant impact?
Thanks for your input!
Height: 5ft 9"
Current pants size: 20 (Canada sizing).
Goal: I'll let you know when I've reached it.
“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind
is a faithful servant. We have created a society that
honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”