Thread: Day 13... exhausted page

ewrutledge is offline Junior Member

Been almost completely primal for 13 days now. Had headaches for the first 48 hours, but they have since cleared up, but I'm still exhausted during the day. As I write this, I've been up for only 5 hours after 8 hours of sleep and am totally beat.

Is this normal? When should I expect it to pass? My carb intake before going primal was actually pretty low already, so I thought my transition period would be pretty quick. Waiting to get that increase in energy levels you all talk about!

Chelc is offline Junior Member

I hear you! I have been primal almost 7 days and I am DRAGGING! Hard to keep my eyes open at times...and I am getting 9 hours of sleep at night!!!!

Kane Guest

Dont worry about it! The feeling will pass. Low carb flu cant be a nightmare and some people take longer getting over it that others.

Just remember to eat as much as you want (primal foods only of course), keep the fat intake high and get a little exercise.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

It will pass! Hang in there, stay strict. My low-carb flu lasted a ridiculous 6 weeks, but it was worth it.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

stevew2023 is offline Junior Member

I JUST went through this and posted about it looking for advice. It has only been the last couple of days that I have been able to keep my eyes open mid afternoon. Still a little low on energy but nothing like it was.

It will pass, hang in there.

Steve

ewrutledge is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Alright, so I tripped up yesterday (day 16) big time. I was working casting a cooking show, and the contestants kept shoving food in my face. Ended up having a cupcake, scone, burrito, etc. Anyway, About 20 minutes after eating I felt like sh!t.

Funny thing is, today I feel full of energy. What's the damage to my getting through the low-carb flu? Will one slip up reset my body's dependence on carbs?