Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nigella Lawson vs Gillian McKeith page 4

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Looks like I need to buy Nigella's books. Love her tv show.
    Georgette

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Zombie thread :-)

Thanks for resurrecting this one geostump, I missed that hilarious video the first time round :-D
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Gillian's regimen is not actually vegetarian, although she does make some people do it for a while because they've been eating huge amounts of meat. If I recall correctly, and I'm pretty sure I do, she makes people not eat meat and grain products in the same meal because she feels they interfere with each other. I think I remember one woman who never ate meat at all - pure junk food vegetarian - and Gillian made her start eating meat. Still, she's no more primal than Nigella.

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus84 View Post
    Stumbled across this on Facebook:
    http://i.imgur.com/4FDi7.jpg
    Sorry, know this is a necro-thread, but...

I saw it right before I read this tonight: Is it Mental or is it Dental? - Weston A Price Foundation and, just looking at their pictures it seems that their differences might be due to nutrition, but maybe nutrition they received before they even saw the light of day, so... not exactly their fault.

Sorry, I always hate it when someone links to a long article and doesn't say why it's relevant, so:

In the WAP article it talks about how poor natal nutrition causes poor formation of the bones of the skull, which can be seen in what Price called the "middle-third" of the face (which I finally figured out refers mostly to the nose ). But the article explains that that means a mal-formed septum, an overbite and small chin caused by a poorly formed lower jaw, and more wrinkles/sagging skin with age because of overall poor bone structure and lack of good connective tissue. Gillian's face seems to fit that description to a T, and Nigella's does not.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Wait, this is a necro thread? Well, nevermind then, lol

interzone is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
    Sorry, know this is a necro-thread, but...

I saw it right before I read this tonight: Is it Mental or is it Dental? - Weston A Price Foundation and, just looking at their pictures it seems that their differences might be due to nutrition, but maybe nutrition they received before they even saw the light of day, so... not exactly their fault.
    WAP's stuff is always so interesting. Here is his book on the subject with 100+ pictures comparing the faces of people eating traditional and modern diets.

Gillian also has severe scoliosis that was horribly mismanaged until she was at least in her 20's. I remember seeing pre- and post-treatment pictures of her back and thinking she must have been in absolute agony most of the time. That kind of chronic pain and stress on her body was likely also quite aging.

Gillian's a little (lot) unhinged, but I think she genuinely cares about people and wants them to eat better food to nourish their bodies.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    On a similar note: here is another comparison
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    On a similar note: here is another comparison
    Only if the Earl Grey is hot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234