Thread: Any pepperheads in the house? page

Daemonized is online now Senior Member

Shop Now

Hello, I am Daemonized and I have an addiction......

I am hopelessly and irreversibly addicted to extremely hot chili peppers. I eat them, I grow them, I dehydrate and make powder out of them, I make sauce out of them, and I never ever leave the house without some. Anything thing that I eat that has meat or eggs just has to have some habanero or bhut peppers in some form or another. Hell, I even have a pepper themed tattoo. I wouldn't say it's a problem (it's only a problem if you try to fix it right?) it's just the way I like it.

So, now I'm wanting to try a more primal diet and to use some IF to trim down and to stay healthy. I'm just wondering if there are any other pepperheads around here and what the general consensus is around here on extremely hot peppers.

Daemonized

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member

You caught me! Big pepperhead here as well. Last summer I got a BUNCH of 5 gallon buckets from my workplace and ended up with a backyard full of peppers. I think my hab count was at 20 plants, about 30 jalapeno, and a whole mess of ornamental/oddball pepper plants hanging out as well.

As for them falling into the PB, I know a few of the *hardcore* cavemen will avoid peppers/tomatoes/eggplants/etc. because they come from the deadly nightshade family. As far as a majority of the followers, including Mark himself, are concerned they are perfectly fine...and DELICIOUS!

I often crave the burn, and I have no problem with giving in.

Acmebike is offline Member

I do wonder the inflammation response to extremely hot peppers and spices? Nightshades (peppers, eggplants, tomato, potato, etc) being Paleo taboo, I think peppers can/do fit into the Primal dealio.

But a CRP test before and after would be interesting to see! Uber-hot peppers make my joints ache, so peppers have been out of my meals a good long while now.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I've been horribly addicted to Frank's Red Hot lately. I don't know what it is but I can't get enough of the stuff. I put it on my eggs daily, and just ate some pork rinds smothered in it.

All I can figure is it's winter time, I abhor the cold, and the cayenne pepper warms me up. :P

gregandbeaker is offline Junior Member

Hi Daemonized! I'm a pepperhead too! One of the great joys in my life is a backyard full of wonderful pepper plants. I like the hot ones and the sweet ones and eat them almost every day.

maba is offline Senior Member

I'm a pepperhead too, but wow, you eat the bhut variety? I bow to thee.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Daemonized,

I guess you could call me a "Recreational User" ;-)

I really love spicy South Asian foods, and make some kind of uber-hot curry thing at least once a week.

But dude, really??? The Bhut??? Those things are wicked. I also bow to thee.

Shine is offline Member

My father always had a hot pepper garden in the backyard, so I grew up eating habaneros, scotch bonnets, and jalapenos. As was mentioned earlier, some people will avoid peppers because they are a nightshade. However, my opinion is that hot peppers are eaten in much smaller quantities (relative to, say, a bell pepper), so I include them for flavor. I only eat fresh peppers, though, and generally stay away from hot sauce because it is a sodium bomb.

One of my favorite treats ever are the homemade prosciutto-and-cheddar-stuffed cherry peppers that my parents make and can every year. Ohhhh those are delicious; I really cannot wait until I actually have a yard to plant peppers in.

Daemonized is online now Senior Member

Stuffed peppers sound yummy.

That's why I like to make my own hot sauce. I blend fresh peppers with enough lime juice and some vinegar to get the consistency right and to keep it from spoiling. Most sauces have onions, carrots, salt and other things that I don't want in my sauce. Bhuts are hard to work with though and you have to be really careful not to get any on you.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member

I'm with Diana on the Red Hot I put it on my eggs in the morning

I'll take a whack at any of the 'hot stuff' though! Moving into a new house at the beginning of February and am going to do my best to garden this year. Can't wait to stop paying for peppers hehehe