Thread: Just stopping by to say hello page

intreker05 is offline Junior Member

Just stopping by to say hello

Hey,
    I'm never very good at these introduction threads. It makes me feel like I'm back in high school and it's the first day of class and we're going around and I'm supposed to tell you my name, favorite color, and favorite snack food or something like that. Anyway, feel free to call me Trek (No, I'm not a trekie. Trekking = backpacking). I'm relatively new to Primal, but I love the idea. This is the lifestyle I've been looking for. I've tried to be the endurance runner, the extreme athlete, the beast. Instead, I ended up with multiple injuries and having to force myself into working out. New Years of this year, I met an amazing woman. We spent time together, we fell in love, we stopped eating healthy, enjoyed the honeymoon phase of life, and now I'm about 25lbs heavier than I was when I graduated college in 2009. Neither of us were happy about it. But other diets are so restrictive and we wanted to be able to have fun, not worry about counting calories or points or having to restrict portion sizes so that you're always hungry. My girlfriend and I batted around the ideas for a while. I'm the reader and planner and micromanager so I read everything and relayed it to her. Finally, she said those magic words "Want to give it a try?"
    We started the 21 day challege on Monday, then had to deviate a little on Tuesday after she was in a car accident and we had to spend the day at the hospital. However, we're back on track, she's feeling good, and I've already lost 8lbs since the last time I weighed myself a couple weeks ago.
    It's been hard, the no-carb thing. I'm definitely having some cravings for pasta and bread, but we're staying strong and sticking to it. Can't wait to see what happens. I'm still learning, and have been lurking some on the forums, and figured I might as well say hello. Thanks to everyone who's already given me so much advice. Can't wait to learn more.
    "Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself of much life. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something." ~ H.D. Thoreau

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the Tribe, Trek! (And there's nothing wrong with Star Trek! :P)
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

intreker05 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I agree, definitely nothing wrong with Star Trek. But I was raised on Star Wars, so I have to bat for that team. Don't kill me please!
    "Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself of much life. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something." ~ H.D. Thoreau