You might consider incorporating principles of Dr. jack Kruse's Leptin Reset Prescription:My metabolism was totally broken....I believe that I no longer have the ability to tolerate carbohydrates more than a minimal amount. If I ever keto-adapt--I'm having one HELL of a time doing so--I believe that will be the only way I can feel normal again.
LEPTIN RESET PRESCRIPTION
The basics of the Leptin Reset Prescription are:
1. *Eat a Big Ass Breakfast with 50 grams protein within 30 minutes of waking (7 eggs, 7 oz. Meat)
2. *Eat 3 meals a day 4-5 hours apart
3. *Eat paleo or primal diet, no more tha 50 grams carbs per day (25 if obese)
4. *No snacking between meals except for black coffee or green tea (no cream, sugar, coconut milk)
5. *Eat dinner at least 4-5 hours before bedtime
6. *No cardio or heavy lifting during reset (6-8 weeks), walking OK
This will get you started:
There is also an epic thread here on MDA that just hit 10,000 posts this week. *When it got monstrous we helped Dr. Kruse develop the FAQs. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread32345.html
Last edited by Adrianag; 11-05-2011 at 02:43 AM.