Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fun Picture showing what dropping 120 pds since January looks like page 4

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I guess I would just like to get lean now. I am about 20 pounds from where I would like to be (goal is around 200 pounds). I have lost about 7 pounds of fat since that last november picture. I actually updated that picture yesterday with a december pic but didn't post it. Hate to start posting every month.

I hit it hard in the gym 5 days a week with particular emphasis on weight training and light cardio and also go on a lot of walks and jogs after work. I just try to never give up.

I have to admit the other day was the first time I have not felt fat or heavy, just normal. I just randomly realized it on my way to the gym. Was a nice moment.
    Went Primal January 24, 2011
    Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
    Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
    According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day

SPD
    SPD is offline Junior Member
    Wow, on a morning I was looking for motivation I log on and find this! (I also dug the pics with you and your foxy wife, haha ) Congratulations on your success and thanks for the encouragement!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Way to go!
    Have you got some fully body pics too showing your progress?

GrokinOut is offline Member
    Wow! Thanks for posting! I'm down 60 pounds over the past year and really have another 200 to go before I'll be where I'd like to be...I'm worried a ton about having saggy, loose skin. Basically, you attribute your success at avoiding that to prayer, weights, and light cardio? I can do all three of those!

GrokinOut!!!

Starting weight: 498
    Starting BF%: 43%
    Current weight: 490
    Goal: 230 @ 10% BF (preferably less)

Follow my progress here:
    My Primal Journal...aka The Big One

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Wow, impressive stuff! Looking great-- Glad you are feeling great too.
    Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
    Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
    Starting Weight: 174.8
    CW:160.0 lbs

PrimalPotter is offline Senior Member
    Wow! I'm just beginning my Primal journey, again. I have 100# to lose, as well. Finding your success story is very inspiring. Primal Clay because your name is Clay, or you're a clay artist?

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Well done Clay - you are an inspiration.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Thanks again to all. I am still plugging along. Hope to post some more pics soon. I have a 5 year old, a 3 yr old, an 18 month old, and my wife is 3 months pregnant. By the time I get home from work and the kids go to sleep there never seems to be much time or energy left for some glamour shots :-) I am doing well to stay on 2 feet usually. My wife has always been a stay at home mom so its my show from the time I get home especially with her low energy levels and morning sickness that for her is an all day and night sickness.

I still lift weights for an hour each day at lunch (Mon - Fri) and go on 1.5 to 3 mile walks each night (after 9pm) with some sprinting across the soccer field by my house a few times (2 to 3 times a week). I still eat strictly Primal for the most part (probably 95%). I often get frustrated wishing I could do more in regards to biking, hiking, nature walks, rock climbing, etc.. but then I remember the my main starting motivation at 340 pounds was to get healthy so I could have more energy for my family. So fitness and nutrition remain important to me but in the end I try to not loose sight that all I have done to change was so I could be a better husband and father.

In the end I will never win a beauty contest or be a fitness model but I will be a better man than I started out as.

PrimalPotter- my name is Clay (well Clayton technically) but I have gone by Clay my whole life. The name PrimalClay seemed to work on a few levels
    Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Wow! You have done a fantastic job. Your story can give all of us encouragement.

Hope your wife is double primal:-) That's a lot of kids quickly, and her body's going to need a lot of nourishment (once she gets over morning sickness, of course). Hope that goes away asap.

Thanks for the pictures. If you don't like mirrors -- I so relate -- you can look at those. I used to be rather photogenic. Now, pictures make me look worse than I do in mirrors. Weird.

I put a few full body shots finally after a few suggestions. I just added them in the before and after thread so who knows how long it will take for them to be approved.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast