Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meat and veggies breakfast? page

darrri is offline Junior Member

Meat and veggies breakfast?

Hi fellow groks,

in efforts to save money and time, I made a huge batch of chicken stew loaded with veggies, chicken, coconut milk and nuts. Delicious!
    However, I made so much that I've been eating it for breakfast, just so it doesn't go to waste.

I always thought eating such a big meal in the would result in lethargy and drowsiness, but I'm doing good.

Is this totally ok? Do others do this?

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good to me.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    I always eat 'real food' for breakfast. It's my largest meal of the day, and I feel great eating this way.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Freeze some?

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Why wouldn't it be? Breakfast isn't a magical meal that requires bacon and eggs. I eat the same foods pretty much regardless of the time of day most of the time.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

darrri is offline Junior Member
    Freeze some, I will! Thanks for the advice. I'm new to the whole freezing my food thing.

Regarding the meat for breakfast topic - some people suggest that in order to manage your energy levels, you should go for easily digestable foods in the morning, therefore abstain from fiber/fat and go the heavy meals later in the day. Meats are more taxing on the digestion system - logically resulting in lower energy levels.

In terms of energy - I felt good after eating stew for breakfast.
    But for future reference, I think I'll stick the my good ol' smoothy - and go for the heavier meals later in the day.

Cheers,
    Darri

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Why wouldn't it be? Breakfast isn't a magical meal that requires bacon and eggs. I eat the same foods pretty much regardless of the time of day most of the time.
    Samesies.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    dinner leftovers are my typical breakfast food. I've always like a more savory breakfast. If we don't have leftovers I settle for more traditional b'fast foods like eggs but I'm always more satisfied with meat and veggies, esp beef, for breakfast.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darrri View Post
    Freeze some, I will! Thanks for the advice. I'm new to the whole freezing my food thing.

Regarding the meat for breakfast topic - some people suggest that in order to manage your energy levels, you should go for easily digestable foods in the morning, therefore abstain from fiber/fat and go the heavy meals later in the day. Meats are more taxing on the digestion system - logically resulting in lower energy levels.

In terms of energy - I felt good after eating stew for breakfast.
    But for future reference, I think I'll stick the my good ol' smoothy - and go for the heavier meals later in the day.

Cheers,
    Darri
    Whether the "taxing" issue is true or not, I only get lethargic from blood glucose crashes, which follow from eating carbs/starches/sugar. Managing my energy levels means controlling carbohydrate intake for the purpose of keeping my blood sugar stable. I can stuff myself on meat, fats, and veggies and not have an issue, but I will crash an hour later if I eat an apple with no protein or fat alongside.

Seermark is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Yuh, I'll echo other's sentiments. At this point, the main distinction between breakfast and dinner (I skip lunch) is that I fry up 3-4 eggs with my meat and veggies in the morning and fry up sweet potatoes or plantains with my meat and veggies for dinner. The meat and veggies are almost always left overs from dinners and/or cooking marathons on the weekend.

When I have the time and inclination, I'll try to be a bit more creative on the weekends, but for the most part my breakfast and dinners look almost identical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast