Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coconut Oil - violent vomiting??!! page

tommyho1 is offline Member

Coconut Oil - violent vomiting??!!

Primal Fuel
    hey guys,

so i am currently at the end of a very strange day! after breakfast, which consisted of eggs, bacon and a shake with protein powder, water, banana and coconut oil, i started to feel REALLY nauseous, and then was vomiting for a couple of hours. had to take the day off work!

i have heard that coconut oil can make some people feel a bit crappy but could this have caused my vomiting?! anyone else experienced anything similar?

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    If I was vomiting for a couple of hours, I would be thinking more along the lines of the stomach flu. If I vomited once then I would perhaps consider that my body had something it didn't like then got rid of it.

That's not based on research though... probably a bit of CW creeping in.

Hope you feel better.

Jovana is offline Member
    Did you have a lot of coconut oil in your shake? Because I once had about a cup of coconut milk and ended up feeling sick and vomiting for a day because it was too much fat at once. Maybe you were sick for the same reason... :S

tommyho1 is offline Member
    it was probably about 4-5 tablespoons. the vomiting has stopped but still feel rough. well whatever happens, i will stick to just very small amounts in the future! rough day!!!

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    You definitely put to much.

The first time I tried coconut oil, I had a big spoonful... Same outcome as you. After that, I first began cooking with it, then adding tiny amounts onto food, and now I can eat as much of it as I want without any negative effects.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, that was too much fat in one sitting. Spread the coconut oil throughout the day if you really want to have that much, and maybe don't have it with bacon and eggs-or just have a small amount.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Idk about the rest of you guys, but if I followed bacon and eggs with a shake I'd puke too, even if it didn't have coconut oil.

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    Whoa! That's a whole lot of coconut oil!!!!

Tneah is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyho1 View Post
    it was probably about 4-5 tablespoons. the vomiting has stopped but still feel rough. well whatever happens, i will stick to just very small amounts in the future! rough day!!!
    This is excessively too much-especially at one meal. Plus, then there is the added fat from the eggs and bacon, too! More isn't better just because it's healthy.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    68g of fat worth of coconut oil...in a shake? That's an extreme amount of coconut oil. Even if Grok came across a coconut tree, he'd have trouble eating all that coconut fat because of the amount of work it takes to eat a whole coconut. There's no need to drink coconut oil unless you have some kind of candida issue, and even that's way too much. Guys, fat is truly a great way to fuel your body because it creates less free radicals than burning sugar, so it's definitely the "healthier" way to go in terms of longevity, but that doesn't mean to drink straight fat. Just like there was no refined sugar in Grok's time, there were no oils, either. Why people guzzle oil to boost fat intake is beyond me. How are you going to burn stored fat when you're eating over 600 calories worth of straight fat? And why would you add straight fat to a protein shake to begin with? Fat slows down your body's ability to digest protein, so if this is a post-workout meal, you want to keep things low fat. Your body's reacting poorly because you're eating something completely unnatural that you would never normally eat.

I'm going to take the opposite route, here. I don't care if coconut oil is popular, it's not a food. It's a processed, refined cooking aid. It's not meant to be digested straight. Unless you have gut candida that you're trying to kill naturally with lauric acid, stop eating coconut oil. It's not a whole food, so don't treat it like one. You wouldn't take a spoon to a bag of sugar, so why would you take it to a tub of oil? Add a teaspoon to a hot pan to cook your eggs in and put the tub away.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 11-03-2011 at 06:19 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast