Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Places for PB food etc in Australia- list page

SophieE is offline Senior Member

Post Places for PB food etc in Australia- list

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

Not sure if there's a thread already like this (I searched and didnt find one).

I'm new and thought that building a list of places/ sources for primal foods, meats, good spices etc in Australia would be mutually beneficial for all of us Aussies. Breaking it down into states and cities and stuff within posts is probably a good idea.

Here's my contribution from what I've found in my (aprox) 3 weeks of being primal so far.

Sydney, NSW:
    - Grassfed beef: Hudson meats in Surry Hills is almost exclusively grassfed. Additionally, I just asked my local butcher, Michael's Meats (very well priced, in the Surry Hills shopping village) whether his meat was grassfed and he said that almost all of it is, excluding scotch fillets and a couple of others (just ask him on a case by case basis). Additionally, Eveleigh Markets near Sydney uni on a Saturday has a grassfed beef stall (Greenhill Organic meat) but I haven't yet tried them out.
    - Spices: Paddy's Markets in chinatown has an excellent spice stall near the edge of the produce section.
    - Unforgettable, amazingly priced, crushed vanilla beans: You'll never need to buy expensive vanilla beans or use that gross liquid stuff again. It's black as it is meant to be and smells and tastes heavenly. I ordered at like 9am and received it the same day that afternoon. Organic Vanilla Powder 30-90g - Professional Whey Protein Powder & Sports Supplements at Wholesale Prices
    - Coconut milk + cream with no additives/emulsifiers etc: Ayam-brand coconut milk in the Asian section at Woolworths
    - Organic dates: Coles but not Woolworths.
    - Fivefingers The Adventure Megastore - Home of Adventure in Sydney City. They are Australian priced though so cost way more than in the USA. I got my KSO treksports there because I was too impatient to import.

Canberra:
    - Coconut flour: Healthy life, Woden Westfield.

Please add on so I (and hopefully others) in Aus can expand our repetoire.

Darthash is offline Senior Member
    Brisbane - Grass fed Beef: Super Butchers have a wide selection of grass-fed beef.

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    I noticed organic coconut flour, and a few other non grain flours as well, at IGA Deakin (ACT) today... crazy price though.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Victoria Market in Melbourne covers all organic and fresh needs from eggs, chocolate, coconut oil, veg, fruit, meat and fish. Do my weekly produce-shop there. I buy Banaban CO in bulk (5 liters) from an Oz EBay-store. I use ValueHealth at Westfield Doncaster or Chadstone for all my organic salts,skin care, shampoos, and organic oils for both food and skincare. I use ErePerez online shop for make-up.
    I get my organic wines from either 1st Choice or Dan Murphy.
    I get my Swiss-supplements from Coles or Woolies when it's on special.
    I buy organic shredded coconut, Macro-brand, from Woolies.

Tarosuma is offline Member
    These guys are brilliant for chemical free, grass fed beef and lamb delivered throughout QLD.

Mitchell Grass Meats

sroelofs is offline Senior Member
    Got mg KSO's from Adventure Megastore too. Excellent customer service!

Grassfed meat is pretty easy to get in Oz, but if you are in Sydney then Sydney Meats, Farm Fresh to your Door have hormone and antibiotic free grassfed beef, lamb and goat from farms in Bowral.

Oh and ALDI now sell grassfed beef cheap

Athanasey is offline Senior Member
    Agree that grassfed beef is easy to get here. Our local butcher is able to point out which meat is and isn't with the flick of his hand. For organic fruit, veg and eggs I just head to our local markets. It's all so much cheaper than the supermarket too! Coconut flour and the like I get from a specialty store. At $12.95/kg it's not cheap but I don't do that much baking.

I saw Woolworths have now introduced an organic coconut milk. It was cheaper than the Ayam brand too, which is the one I normally buy.

When buying milk I always get A2 milk.
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Athanasey, why A2 milk, what do you like about it? I have been buying Parmalat organic/unhomogenised.

I second the Aldi votes for organic/grassfed beef (cheap!), inexpensive heavy cream and butter, and other items in their organic product lines (such as the Fair Trade chocolate!). :-) And cheap, wild caught tinned salmon too.

Coles regularly have Suncoast Gold EV mac nut oil on special (I like it for cooking as I don't do coconut oil, and it makes a good mayo).

Paleo Rob has a good summary of grassfed meat suppliers on his website: Grass Fed Meat in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasey View Post
    I saw Woolworths have now introduced an organic coconut milk. It was cheaper than the Ayam brand too, which is the one I normally buy.
    Check the ingredients list still because I saw organic coconut milk somewhere the other day but it was full of emulsifiers and all that stuff that ruins the loveliness of the coconut milk.

Quote Originally Posted by sroelofs View Post
    Oh and ALDI now sell grassfed beef cheap
    Really?! I haven't stepped foot in an ALDI in years! I'll definitely have to check it out if it's stocking that kind of thing nowadays!

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast