Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Places for PB food etc in Australia- list page 5

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Re the grass fed meat issue. I grew up on a farm and the cattle that we sold for eating were grass fed and were often bought by Coles, Woollies etc The cattle are still grass fed so I'd be really interested to know how much of what is in the supermarket/butchers is actually grass/grain fed. I'll bet the grain fed proportion went up during the drought though...
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljq309 View Post
    Re the grass fed meat issue. I grew up on a farm and the cattle that we sold for eating were grass fed and were often bought by Coles, Woollies etc The cattle are still grass fed so I'd be really interested to know how much of what is in the supermarket/butchers is actually grass/grain fed. I'll bet the grain fed proportion went up during the drought though...
    Both my butchers have grass fed, the only grain fed they sell is stuff like waygu. But then again, the last 2 summers in Vic have been very wet.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    For those with a kefir interest, I found a pack of kefir starter at the Go Vita in Knox (Melb). Haven't tried making it yet though - I'm too scared!

It's this brand: Kefir Turkish Yoghurt Probiotic :: Products :: Nature's Goodness Australia

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    Thank-you both Glamorama and ljq309. I searched my name found all the threads and have now made quick links to them. Thanks again.

Jovana is offline Member
    Does anybody know where to get nitrate free bacon in Sydney?

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    Does anybody know where to get nitrate free bacon in Sydney?
    I've had no luck here in Melbourne. Apparently nitrate keeps the meat from going black during curing/smoking? I tried normal bacon I got a terrible headache, so it's out for me.

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    I've never seen nitrate free bacon here. If I do I'll post about it.

Every few weeks I'm in Canberra and I don't know of a good deli there. I mostly am in the Woden area and I tried the deli in Woden Westfield and the 2 cheeses I got there were very substandard and the semi-dried tomatoes were unpleasant (though the anchovy-stuffed olives were good and so was the ricotta). I know cheese isn't really primal but it's an indulgence so I like it to be good and I think most people on here know good food from average. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by SophieE View Post
    I've never seen nitrate free bacon here. If I do I'll post about it.

Every few weeks I'm in Canberra and I don't know of a good deli there. I mostly am in the Woden area and I tried the deli in Woden Westfield and the 2 cheeses I got there were very substandard and the semi-dried tomatoes were unpleasant (though the anchovy-stuffed olives were good and so was the ricotta). I know cheese isn't really primal but it's an indulgence so I like it to be good and I think most people on here know good food from average. Any suggestions?
    I just buy good poached or smoked salmon, Huon-brand (Woolworths) or creamy goats cheese if I'm limited to treats without a good deli around. The big supermarkets all have some nice things, probably better than the options of a bad deli sometimes?

Check this out: Order Now | 180 Nutrition

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    I have to admit that I live close to Woden and I NEVER go to the deli there, something about it just puts me off. To be honest the big supermarkets have a great range of cheeses now and I usually buy there, if I'm looking for something special I will go to the Fyshwick markets.

I noticed today that IGA have a lot of good looking (ie not many ingredients and no chemical concoctions) wheat free breads. I have teenage sons who can definitely afford to eat bread but I want to cut down on the wheat so I'm going to give these a try... as well as making some.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast