Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: Places for PB food etc in Australia- list page 33

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by alikibiki View Post
    Hi Ayla2010, just wondering if you have an address for this butcher in Dural? I've been looking for reasonably priced bacon, as everything around my area is $20 for 5 slices!!
    I can't remember the number, but its Old Northern Rd, Dural, just past Puss N Boots cattery.
    The whole box 5 kg, he does for me for $50, but I am a regular out there, its $11 per kg I think normally.

sroelofs is offline Senior Member
    AWESOME! I might be working in the middle of the city soon so that will be perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    There is a new food outlet in MLC Centre in Sydney called "Thrive". It has high protein, low carb, no sugar food.

On the counter is the Primal Blueprint and the Four Hour Body. Awesome.

I am eating a delicious lunch bowl of salad greens, perfectly cooked minute steak, roasted capsicum and onion jam (no sugar).

Check it out.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sroelofs View Post
    AWESOME! I might be working in the middle of the city soon so that will be perfect!
    Happy to debate food options in the city further. There is a fish shop that sells grilled salmon and steamed veg. GYG (that Mexican chain) does a burrito bowl - so minus the tortilla - you can ask for no rice or beans and just get the slow cooked beef plus guacamole and salsa - I'd just love more infor about what the (delicious) slow cooked beef is cooked in.

Sourcat is offline Member
    [QUOTE=SophieE;1106474]Anyone have a NSW source for red palm oil??

You can buy online from the coconut shop. Good prices too.

lauraagnes is offline Junior Member
    I'm an Adelaide girl, so here are my places to go for bits and peices:

Vegetables and fruit: majority of the time I'll ride to the Sunday farmers markets in wayville and stock up- such good quality and good prices, just check the stalls because not all are pesticide free. Also best weekend coffee here from 'from scratch' coffee caravan! If I miss this (ie. Its on Sunday and I'm 24 so I have a hangover) I'll grab my veggies at Wilsons organics on market street near the central markets or house of organics in the markets. Those options are actually easier as I work in the markets but hey, who doesn't like a Sunday bike ride to spend all your student income on beautiful vegetables!

Meat: due to working in the markets I generally buy all my meat from feast fine foods, they sell organic and grass fed options of all kinds, Delish!!

Bits and prices, oil and nuts etc: goodies and grains in the markets (I think another poster commented on the irony of that name haha!) or Wilsons organics again

Fish: hard to find wild/organic stuff, Coles has some sustainable pink salmon canned at the moment though that I've been stocking up on!

Play: our cities so flat, so lots of riding and walking to get around, beautiful river walks around the torrens or a hike up mt lofty will satisfy all outdoors needs!

Xxx

sroelofs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katemary View Post
    Happy to debate food options in the city further. There is a fish shop that sells grilled salmon and steamed veg. GYG (that Mexican chain) does a burrito bowl - so minus the tortilla - you can ask for no rice or beans and just get the slow cooked beef plus guacamole and salsa - I'd just love more infor about what the (delicious) slow cooked beef is cooked in.
    Once I'm working back in the city I'll be hitting you up for some more advice. Thanks!

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    What about water?

Whats the best source of non-fluride and non-chlorinated drinking water? Any water jug filters that are top notch?

I doing some cleansing on my thyroid with iodine and don't want to sabotage any progess by drinking crap water. I'm in Sydney at the moment.

Thanks

OZ

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieE View Post
    Anyone have a NSW source for red palm oil??

NSW
    I know that most of our butter is just default pastured but Westgold butter is confirmed 100% pastured and is from new zealand where i'm guessing the grass is more lush because this butter is super yellow and tasty. It's super cheap and seems to be constantly on sale for something like $1.50 at Woolworths.
    Second this. Westgold butter is the best I've found. I bought some of the Organic Times butter the other day that I used to have months and months ago and it was terrible in comparison - flavour and colour! Westgold being more than half the price isn't bad either!

Oz

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Roo -Yes its super lean - I guess you'll have to fry it in butter....

peril is offline Senior Member
    Noticed Aldi had black pudding on the weekend. Ingredient list short and unobjectionable. Fried some in ghee with eggs for breakfast this morning. Delicious
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast