Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Places for PB food etc in Australia- list page 32

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    Aldi (at least in my town) have just started stocking smoked rainbow trout, no nitrates or other artificial ingredients. Just wood smoked and salted trout. It is a product of Denmark (so not sure how 'clean' it is). But it is delicious!! $3.99 for 100g.
    Ooh! That sounds really good! I'm going to check where my nearest aldi is and maybe head there today!!

meat egg fruit n veg is offline Junior Member
    Woolies for the past month or so have had almond spread for about $5 for the past month or so. I've been stocking up. Usually in other places its about $7 - 10.

Jono258 is offline Junior Member
    I got some almond and a cashew nut butter for $5 each and a coconut oil today. I prefer the almond butter from Coles though. What do people spread it on?? Apples are getting boring and can't eat it on its own.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    There is a new food outlet in MLC Centre in Sydney called "Thrive". It has high protein, low carb, no sugar food.

On the counter is the Primal Blueprint and the Four Hour Body. Awesome.

I am eating a delicious lunch bowl of salad greens, perfectly cooked minute steak, roasted capsicum and onion jam (no sugar).

Check it out.

alikibiki is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone, I live in Sydney and thought I would share where i get my groceries from. My meat is usually from Woolies, the organic branded stuff. I also buy kangaroo and rabbit from coles every now and then. I've just recently ordered grass fed and finished beef from greenhill organic butcher, which ill be picking up this Saturday.

Aldi have tuna which is in olive oil, and some other wild caught fish which is helpful. They also stock a brand of sausages which have no rice meal in them. Quite a few health food stores in Sydney also have kelp noodles, which are great and only made of seaweed! Trial and error helped me find different sources around my area.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Places for primal food in Australia
    The Outback?

alikibiki is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I buy my nitrate free bacon from a butcher in Sydney (Dural, so the Hills District), and its only $11.99 a kg, although I bought a 5kg box the other day for $11.50 a kg, not much of a saving, but still very cheap. This guy has his own farm and the meat comes straight from his farm to his shop. All grass fed/organic. The prices are fairly cheap due to their being no middle man.
    I get some stuff from here, and other stuff from the Grass Fed Butcher.

Every Saturday there is a huge farmers market at Balmain, the grass fed butcher has a stand, plus there is heaps of organic food(fruit/veg/fish etc) Also honest to goodness (bulk nuts/almond flours etc) is also there. Next Sat is the last until 7th Jan.
    Hi Ayla2010, just wondering if you have an address for this butcher in Dural? I've been looking for reasonably priced bacon, as everything around my area is $20 for 5 slices!!

Sourcat is offline Member
    Anyone in Melbourne found BPA free coconut milk, eg. not in cans?

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    Anyone have a NSW source for red palm oil??

NSW
    I know that most of our butter is just default pastured but Westgold butter is confirmed 100% pastured and is from new zealand where i'm guessing the grass is more lush because this butter is super yellow and tasty. It's super cheap and seems to be constantly on sale for something like $1.50 at Woolworths.

Coles at Shellharbor, NSW has virgin cold pressed coconut oil now as well as brown rice syrup (yeh, not "paleo" but a good low fructose occassional sugar replacement).

Heart & Sol in Kiama stocks xylitol, AMAZING raw bulk cacao, fresh cacao butter, glass jars of wild salmon, COYO coconut yoghurt.

Go Vita in Nowra, NSW stocks a bunch of Sweetleaf-brand stevia products and COYO.

Adam's Quality Meats in Gerringong, NSW has only grass-fed beef and lamb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourcat View Post
    Anyone in Melbourne found BPA free coconut milk, eg. not in cans?
    I'm not from melbourne but Woolworths here has begun to stock coconut cream in a carton- maybe it is happening there too.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieE View Post
    Anyone have a NSW source for red palm oil??
    Small african grocers where african immigrants live in Sydney are the go. I've been getting mine from a hairdresser in Newtown that doubles as a grocer. Found her searching the web
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast