Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Places for PB food etc in Australia- list page 31

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone!

Long time, no post! I'm wondering if anyone lives in the shoalhaven area because I'm going to be moving to gerringong at the end of this year. In wondering what it's like to get organic meat there. Also, I've always heard about people making friends with farmers and buying meat, veggies, eggs and unpasteurised milk (of course not for human consumption!) directly from them but is that something that actually happens? Im not very social. How do you actually contact a farmer and ask "hey can we cut out the middle man and I'll buy eggs and some of that latest spinach crop straight from you?"

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Anyone in melbourne know where I can get some unpasteurized sauerkraut here? (I know I can make my own but Im only going to be here for a month and a half and it'll take a month before its ready if I make it myself).

Thanks

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    South Coast/Southern Highlands. I'm moving to Gerringong soon and I found this organisation that seems kinda like a co-op type this. You choose a pre-made selection of veggies, fruit etc or pick what you want (all local) online on a monday and pick up your order on the thursday from gerringong. Looks pretty good. They offer eggs and grassfed meat too from the southern highlands

Greenbox.org.au | Non-Profit Food Co-Op
    Last edited by SophieE; 07-23-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Jono258 is offline Junior Member
    Hi All, New Primalite here! Live in Melbourne, just went to IGA and got some of the Grass Fed Beef Has anyone gone to the CostCo in Melbourne/Australia? Want to go but you cannot browse without paying the $60 membership fee. Also I have recently found Prahran Health Foods, its a good store for all things Paleo/Primal.

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    You can find organic raw milk, cream and sometimes butter at prahran markets. Good place! Plus you can find raw cheese in the cheese deli's!!!

Jono258 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbuckley View Post
    You can find organic raw milk, cream and sometimes butter at prahran markets. Good place! Plus you can find raw cheese in the cheese deli's!!!
    Great I will have a look thanks. Got my grass fed beef from one of the butchers there but didnt look for dairy. Also just found a paleo/primal meet up group for Melbourne on meet up.com.au

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I always get my meat from here and love it.
    That is handy, thanks. Farmers market in Lane Cove, too.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Guys, what do you think of Woolies barbeque chicken? Would they bother smothering it in oil or just cook. I wonder about that with any rotisserie chicken - because it is turning and its own juices covering it self, do they waste money on oil? Thanks

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone know of a farmers market or anywhere i can get raw goat milk in melbourne? I tried mulgrave but was informed by swampys he doesnt sell it anymore.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Aldi (at least in my town) have just started stocking smoked rainbow trout, no nitrates or other artificial ingredients. Just wood smoked and salted trout. It is a product of Denmark (so not sure how 'clean' it is). But it is delicious!! $3.99 for 100g.

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast