Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Places for PB food etc in Australia- list page 30

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just wanna post that I tried an organic butter by 'Organic Times' which is from NZ. Probably the best store bought butter Ive tried. ..sure it doesnt compare to the homemade raw butter I used to make but it kicks the ass of Lurpak butter (european import). There was a noticable colour difference as well... Organic Times was much more of a deeper yellow.

I bought mine at Dr Earth, King St, Sydney... and I know you can get it on lettucedeliver.com.au around $6

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    I'll have to check that butter out. Dr Earth has some good stuff in the fridge section and new Zealand has really lovely deeply-coloured dairy products. I've been buying a nice organic butter from organic paradise in bondi junction, Sydney. Don't know what it's called but it's in silver packaging. There's a lightly salted one that is my favorite.

Which stores in Sydney have 99% Lindt chocolate??

In Sydney, on bondi rd, Sam the Butcher (organic) sells fresh stocks made with bones (bone broth). I haven't tried them yet but I intend to. They were quite well priced from memory but the exact number eludes me.

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieE View Post
    I'll have to check that butter out. Dr Earth has some good stuff in the fridge section and new Zealand has really lovely deeply-coloured dairy products. I've been buying a nice organic butter from organic paradise in bondi junction, Sydney. Don't know what it's called but it's in silver packaging. There's a lightly salted one that is my favorite.

Which stores in Sydney have 99% Lindt chocolate??

In Sydney, on bondi rd, Sam the Butcher (organic) sells fresh stocks made with bones (bone broth). I haven't tried them yet but I intend to. They were quite well priced from memory but the exact number eludes me.
    Hey Soph,

Yeh the Butter is damn good for commercial selling. Nice deep yellow compared to any others of tried.

Keep us posted on the price of the bone broth they've got there at Sams! Wouldnt mind getting some if its at a good value. And also, you might have mentioned Sams bacon in the past, not sure it might have been someone else... but if you're down that way at Sams could you see what he ingredients are in his Bacon. I know it nitrate free... but does is cure it with any sugar (dextrose,etc)?

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    My latest ebay purchase.Seeds for the native kakadu plum fruit.
    They are supposed to contain up to 3000mg of vitamin C per 100g. Which is something like over 50x more than an orange. I hope they turn out ok in my backyard.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman in Oz View Post
    Anyone ever managed to fing Lindt 99% choc in Queensland, anywhere from Sunshine Coast down to the Gold Coast? Brisbane would be ideal, but I've never encountered this mythical slab of confectionary. I wanna try it. People say the Lindt stores have it but they seem to be only in NSW & VIC.
    I would also like to track down that mythical slab of confectionary as well. The highest I can find is the 85%.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 03-22-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    My latest ebay purchase.Seeds for the native kakadu plum fruit.
    They are supposed to contain up to 3000mg of vitamin C per 100g. Which is something like over 50x more than an orange. I hope they turn out ok in my backyard.

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

I would also like to track down that mythical slab of confectionary as well. The highest I can find is the 85%.
    Kakadu plums are yum. They sell them in the freezer section of The Suveran in Bondi Junction.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    That's defintely a bonus that they taste nice, I haven't even tried them yet. lol
    I'll have to keep an eye out for them. I haven't found any locally as of yet. The best I could find is kakadu plum sauce and Kangaroo steak marinated in sauce.

Lacto-fermented pickles available at the russki deli on bondi rd, bondi, Sydney. Just salt and bay leaf and garlic added. Unpasteurised. About $5 for a bag which has about 10 pickles in it.

The bacon at Sam's only has salt added. I asks once. He said "we just add salt then air dry it."

Also, the Suveran in bondi junction has fermented cod liver and butter oil ($65)

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Hi all,
    I'm in Newcastle, NSW. Began the primal lifestyle about 3 weeks ago. Anyone else near me?

Does anyone know where I could buy some grass-fed (preferably organic) beef or lamb blood in Sydney or Canberra? My organic butcher (Sam the butcher in bondi) says that he can't source it.

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sophie, If you look at the site for the southside farmer's market (think that's what it's called) they have links to some of the suppliers and I'm pretty sure some of them might be worth checking out, I guess the main farmer's market site would offer some as well but I haven't looked as I've not ever shopped there. Also there is a meat supplier at the Curtin Choku Bai Jo that I seem to remember looked good too, pretty sure they have a link from their site.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast