Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Places for PB food etc in Australia- list page 21

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ozbuckley View Post
    Sophie,

Is that Aroy D coconut milk UHT treated? Im guessing it is if it comes tetra packed
    Yeh it is... Pretty unavoidable unless there's a shop with a coconut milk press.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    SophieE, I work in Bondi Junction and haven't seen the Suveran Cafe... I'll definitely check it out Hopefully it's not too far, so I can have lunch there all the time Thanks for the tip
    Its about a 5 minute walk from Westfield. Opposite About Life.

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    Hi All

Back home for Christmas and I am staying in Fairlfield (vic) and I popped into Organic Gertrude, 108 Station Street. They have the typical stuff, but they also have raw milk and cream. On the front it says for cosmetic purposes only and it is left to you what to do with it.I also found little sachets of coconut butter in Victoria Market, which I though would be brilliant if you were out and about.

Just a comment, I have not been home for about 4 years, and Melbourne has always been quite foody but it seems to be bordering on obsession, I am not sure how all the cute cafes etc are making money (perhaps that explains the extortionate prices!!). I live in Italy and that is the home of food culture, but food is not constantly.available.24.hours.a.day. I think too because I am primal, I eat, I am not hungry and I am amazed that people need all these pitstops!
    Life. Be in it.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Belforte View Post
    Hi All

Back home for Christmas and I am staying in Fairlfield (vic) and I popped into Organic Gertrude, 108 Station Street. They have the typical stuff, but they also have raw milk and cream. On the front it says for cosmetic purposes only and it is left to you what to do with it.I also found little sachets of coconut butter in Victoria Market, which I though would be brilliant if you were out and about.

Just a comment, I have not been home for about 4 years, and Melbourne has always been quite foody but it seems to be bordering on obsession, I am not sure how all the cute cafes etc are making money (perhaps that explains the extortionate prices!!). I live in Italy and that is the home of food culture, but food is not constantly.available.24.hours.a.day. I think too because I am primal, I eat, I am not hungry and I am amazed that people need all these pitstops!
    Try a trip to Chaddie or Doncaster and tell me what you think after seeing the pletora of cafes there! Crazy!! Melbourne has upped it in the food-stakes, especially after MasterChef, it's like everyone is a chef these days.

Slinkykitty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Belforte View Post
    Hi All

Hi Belforte, since you are in Fairfield, you may want to take a trip up the road to "Naturally on High" ( They are in High St Thornbury, just near cnr Clarendon & High Sts) They have a huge range of organics, biggest nut and dairy range I've seen and prices are great. They also stock Ruby Hills raw milk ( delicious) and harder to come by.

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    What's the biggest Asian supermarket in Canberra? I forgot to pick up dried whitebait from the one in market city before I left for canberra and I'm going to be camping so I would really like some.
    Last edited by SophieE; 12-25-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourcat View Post
    Woolworths stocks Macro toothpaste, quite nice. Has anyone found good beef jerky? The ones I have looked at online all have soy or other ingredients I am avoiding.
    Its illegal to sell real jerky in Australia. Real jerky is uncooked just dehydrated and thus violates health laws. Hence they have to add preservatives to it.

Quote Originally Posted by SophieE View Post
    does it still keep for as long as store bought? Like could you have it in a backpack hiking for a few days?
    If you make real home made jerky and keep it dry and sealed it will last a lot longer than a few days.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    There is an Asian grocery at the Fyshwick markets but I'm pretty sure they don't open this week??? Dickson might be the best place to try.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    Its illegal to sell real jerky in Australia. Real jerky is uncooked just dehydrated and thus violates health laws. Hence they have to add preservatives to it.

If you make real home made jerky and keep it dry and sealed it will last a lot longer than a few days.
    geromino jerky say they use no preservatives

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    geromino jerky say they use no preservatives
    Did you hear back from Allowrie regarding if their products are grass fed?

Bron is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted this. This is the coconut oil I've been buying. Alcara Health, called frysafe. It's organic, they've refine it to remove the coconut taste. They're in Brisbane, not sure if you can buy directly off them as I don't live in Bris.

Aclara Health Coconut Products

I buy 2 x 4lt buckets from this place
    Aclara Health Products - Certified Organic - Gourmet Superfoods

If you're travelling through Gympie (say to Rainbow Beach or to Tin Can Bay) and need some fresh meat, St Terrace Butchery is the place to go. You can even order nitrate free bacon before hand. It's all grass fed and local meats.
    My Butcher in Duke St also stock some pretty darned nice beef.
    Eumundi has an organic butcher as well.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast