huckie is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Trugolds at Fyshwick markets stock the purple ones sometimes

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huckie View Post
    Trugolds at Fyshwick markets stock the purple ones sometimes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    We have been getting purple ones in our organic order most weeks
    Request for clarification from both of the above before I get too excited- are the sweet potatoes white on the outside and deep purple throughout the inside like in mark's article about yams and sweet potatoes? The Difference Between Yams and Sweet Potatoes | Mark's Daily Apple

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    hmm slightly different. Here is a pic I took the other day.

I think those might be the other purple ones mark was writing about- the ones that don't taste as good and are dry and starchy (apparently).

I checked out that Suveran cafe in Bondi Junction Sydney today for breakfast and it was actually really yummy! I ordered the lamb "crap" (crepe with a German accent apparently). It was really tasty (in a health food kinda way if that makes sense) and came with a free drinking coconut. Totally reasonably priced and massive (I couldn't finish it) so I ate all the filling (lettuces, a few pumpkin seeds, sprouts, Cauliflower, miscellaneous dark leafies, little tasty spinach balls, something similar to dhaal (but legume free) tender delicious lamb, I'm sure there was turmeric in there too but it wasn't Indian or curry-ish just really fresh and refreshing) and only a third of the crepe. The only oil they use to cook there is coconut oil and they use no sweeteners at all (so no sneaky agave) nor any legumes. I'll definitely go again! Really friendly too and lots of books around to read (Heaps on the evils of sugar and how great the sun in... though a few are a bit too hippy-ish for me). There was even an ORAC value poster. They apparently have organic skin care (magskinlover range) and other stuff too that I want to check out. The website says they have coconut water kefir and I really want to try that!!!
    Last edited by SophieE; 12-22-2011 at 05:29 PM.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quite a few greengrocers on the Northern Beaches have the cream skinned, pale purple sweet potatoes. However, there is a Chinese grocer in Dee Why who sometimes has the real deal. I'll eat whichever I can get. They're both better than kumera
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Quite a few greengrocers on the Northern Beaches have the cream skinned, pale purple sweet potatoes. However, there is a Chinese grocer in Dee Why who sometimes has the real deal. I'll eat whichever I can get. They're both better than kumera
    Do you know the name of the Chinese grocer or where it is specifically? I googled but there were a few.

Jovana is offline Member
    SophieE, I work in Bondi Junction and haven't seen the Suveran Cafe... I'll definitely check it out Hopefully it's not too far, so I can have lunch there all the time Thanks for the tip

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Sophie,

Is that Aroy D coconut milk UHT treated? Im guessing it is if it comes tetra packed

Claraflo is offline Member
    Aldi now stocks grass feed beef in two steak packs.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieE View Post
    Do you know the name of the Chinese grocer or where it is specifically? I googled but there were a few.
    Mao Sheng. Is on the north side of Oaks Ave opposite Woolies. Shop runs through to a carpark in Howard Ave. The sweet potatoes are usually in a box outside the carpark entrance
    Last edited by peril; 12-23-2011 at 06:56 PM.
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast