Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Places for PB food etc in Australia- list page 17

sroelofs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    There's a website and phone app called Meetup. It has a paleo group on it for Sydney.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I buy my nitrate free bacon from a butcher in Sydney (Dural, so the Hills District), and its only $11.99 a kg, although I bought a 5kg box the other day for $11.50 a kg, not much of a saving, but still very cheap. This guy has his own farm and the meat comes straight from his farm to his shop. All grass fed/organic. The prices are fairly cheap due to their being no middle man.
    I get some stuff from here, and other stuff from the Grass Fed Butcher.

Every Saturday there is a huge farmers market at Balmain, the grass fed butcher has a stand, plus there is heaps of organic food(fruit/veg/fish etc) Also honest to goodness (bulk nuts/almond flours etc) is also there. Next Sat is the last until 7th Jan.

mamacaz is offline Junior Member
    This is my first real post (after my intro) but I thought I would pop in on this thread and add a few places I know of in Melbourne that haven't been mentioned. It seems there are not many of us here, but it might help for any future converts (I'm doing my best!).

Rendina's Butchery in Balwyn sell a huge range of organic, bd and free range meats, including home made smallgoods (and are lovely people).

As mentioned before, the Vic Market is great with loads of super fresh organic veggies, nuts and spices, and the Chicken Pantry in the shop section sells free range and some organic poultry and game. McIntosh's sell organic coffee beans.

Cherry Tree Organics in Beaconsfield are butchers selling their own organic/bd lamb and beef as well as pork, chicken and smallgoods. They also have vegies and some fruit and order bath milk for anyone who likes to take milk baths. They also stock True Organic butter and cheeses.

Belgrave Organics have a really good selection of organic fruit and veges as well as some dairy and personal items.

I get coconut flour, flakes, and a couple of different brands of oil from Go Vita Berwick.

I haven't seen much on the boards about personal/home products but we try to reduce our exposure to chemicals and I have found the best eco products are Eco Store (a few lines available at Woolworths and more online at biome.com.au).

I have been using the 'Beauty and the Bees' range of skin care for around 10 years. It is handmade in Tassie (they ship and have some stockists around Australia) and is based on honey, and vegetable oils (no palm!) and is so pure it needs to be kept refrigerated. It is simply the best skin care I've ever used. Makeup (occasionally) - Inika mineral makeup and other organic/chemical free brands.

Sorry to ramble on. What I wouldn't have given all those years ago for a list of places to buy clean fresh food. I contributed a great deal of carbon to the atmosphere in the early days of 'hunting' for organic foods! Now, I feel quite spoiled.

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    I have found the holy grail of coconut milk in Sydney, Australia- that is, uncanned (tetra-packed n thus little to no BPA risk as far as I know) and no emulsifiers or sugars etc!!! Just the coconut kernel extract and water. It tastes 500% better from a tetra pack than from a can. It tastes even better than when I messed up my entire kitchen for a single glass of fresh homemade stuff. I just had a glass of the stuff- straight up! It is so mild and pure. The brand is "Aroy- D" I found it at (the difficult to navigate) Thai-kee IGA in market city china town. It was amongst a bunch of other tetra-packed coconut milk above some canned Ayam. Less than $3 a litre!! To help in finding it, here is what the pack pretty much looks like: http://www.phuketdeli.com/895-1013-t...ilk-500ml-.jpg

Good point about skincare/home products mamacaz! I use banalasta organic day cream as my moisturizer- smells amazing and doesn't clog pores but is lovely and rich. There are stockests listed on their website but I order online: Natural Hydrating Day Cream 120g (boxed)*::*Banalasta Skin Care | Blickling Estate New England Wines | World Forest

I also use Organic Care 'normal' conditioner (makes my hair really silky and smells pleasant) and natures organics fruits shampoo (berry scent) which smells nice and is really really cheap and cleans well (it has a nice jelly consistency too). You can get the latter from Coles or woolies and I can't remember but I think the conditioner is from woolworths. That's it for natural skincare And hygiene products for me- im naughty and use a palmolive body wash and neutrogena face wash because I love them both. I bought an organic toothpaste the other day (I'll check the brand in the morning) and I used it once and the taste was much nicer than colgate. Plus xylitol was the sweetener which I find exciing for it's anti-cavity properties.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Sophie, I used to use Organic Care's products, but they hide a lot of their nasties in the "fragrance" on the ingredients-list. In general I don't trust much so-called organic cosmetics that comes out of the big supermarkets. My kids all got eczema when using Organic Care, so I saw that as a pretty good sign to stop buying it.

I use Sukin or Alchemy for hair. Expensive, but I water it out so it's half water/half products, and only wash twice weekly. This really keeps my hair healthy. For soap I love Dr Bronners Magic Soap-range, but decided that I'll only use soap once weekly from now on. I really don't smell since going primal... Time to ease up on my skincare and see what happens. Yikes.

Ataahua is offline Junior Member
    Oh yes I love Sukin!! Smells amazing and is actually quite cheap (the skin care range anyway) in comparison to the usual stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ataahua View Post
    Oh yes I love Sukin!! Smells amazing and is actually quite cheap (the skin care range anyway) in comparison to the usual stuff.
    Yes it's affordable, stocked everywhere, and is a very clean product.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I love Sukin for everything, and its all made in Australia too

Sourcat is offline Member
    Woolworths stocks Macro toothpaste, quite nice. Has anyone found good beef jerky? The ones I have looked at online all have soy or other ingredients I am avoiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourcat View Post
    Woolworths stocks Macro toothpaste, quite nice. Has anyone found good beef jerky? The ones I have looked at online all have soy or other ingredients I am avoiding.
    No, I've been looking but they're all full of crap. Maybe thinking of getting a food dehydrator and start making this sort of stuff myself.

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast