Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Places for PB food etc in Australia- list page 13

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieE View Post
    I'm thinking of doing the same for a while- eliminating all but ghee. Not sure if I'm motivated enough yet though. I'm really interetwd to see how your KP goes- I have it on my legs.

Also, I emailed the people who make the DHA eggs, ecoeggs (well I guess the chickens make them...) and they said the omega 3:6 ratio of their eggs is 1.1:1 but will confirm with the main scientist.
    Sophie, emotionally the quitting dairy-thing has been easy. I'm on day 4 without my daily dairy-hit. I had a horrendous headache the first day, then it got milder, but 3 days all up of headaches. Also general mild withdrawal symthomps like crankiness, cravings and hunger.

Itchy eyes caused by seasonal allergies is gone for the first time in 4 months!!! I still sneeze a little bit but haven't taken any Rhinocorte or Telfast since Friday! The KP is already feeling smoother, I'll let you know how it goes by a month.

I have figured out my stall, it's probably the amount of fructose I've had lately. Quitting my daily 1/2 banana for a while, will reintroduce it 2-3 days weekly on heavy lifting-days... But not for the next month.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I am totally struggling to give up dairy/coffee, bah!

Sourcat is offline Member
    It's day 3 for me, totally dairy free. Actually the whole coffee with cream thing was what was messing me up. I have had two black coffee's today, still with a bit of sugar. I am getting used to the taste, hopefully next I can cut out the sugar as well.

Just wondering if anyone has found any good takeout primal foods? I'm thinking Nando's, oporto's etc - not ideal I know, but sometimes it is an emergency.

Athanasey is offline Senior Member
    My go to take away is Indian. I try and find places where I know they cook with ghee. For quick quick take away when I'm desperate I will get a chicken kebab on a plate or a cooked chicken from the supermarket. I don't have them often though and they are part of my 20%
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Sophie, emotionally the quitting dairy-thing has been easy. I'm on day 4 without my daily dairy-hit. I had a horrendous headache the first day, then it got milder, but 3 days all up of headaches. Also general mild withdrawal symthomps like crankiness, cravings and hunger.

Itchy eyes caused by seasonal allergies is gone for the first time in 4 months!!! I still sneeze a little bit but haven't taken any Rhinocorte or Telfast since Friday! The KP is already feeling smoother, I'll let you know how it goes by a month.

I have figured out my stall, it's probably the amount of fructose I've had lately. Quitting my daily 1/2 banana for a while, will reintroduce it 2-3 days weekly on heavy lifting-days... But not for the next month.
    That's really interesting about the seasonal allergies too. My boyfriend always seems to have hayfever plus he has psoriasis (and is depressed which, call me insane, I swear is linked to all the hormonal stressors of constant allergies as well as chronic cardio!) and I recently (today) convinced him to switch to A2 milk because I found and showed him a study about histamine levels increasing as a result of the A1 protein. I don't reckon I could get him to give up dairy altogether (hes been trying to really limit grains recently so is kind of primal and he doesnt use margine or vegetable oils but he eats too many high carb fruits and has a coke every day and just ate a quarter of a bag of raspberry liquorice). Anyway I think i remember you eliminating A1 casein for a while? How were your seasonal allergies affected by that elimination? I'm motivated by your success with KP to give up dairy for a few weeks. It's mainly the butter on my eggs that will be difficult- I wonder if ghee on eggs will be nice?

Also, I got another email from the Ecoegg people and the omega 6:3 ratio is closer to but below 2:1
    Last edited by SophieE; 12-14-2011 at 01:54 AM.

Not sure if I've mentioned that woolworths Macro does an excellent almond butter. The shop About Life in bondi junction, Sydney carries freeze dried strawberries which seriously taste like lollies. No added sugars or anything and quite reasonay priced (it was like $3.50 for a packet that my boyfriend and I comfortably got through without craving more. Probably equivalent to a punnet of strawberries or a bit more. They had freeze dried peach and apricot too. I didn't try the apricot but the peach just tasted like freeze dried apple.

The woolworths in Westfield Woden in Canberra has palm sugar (brand Jeeny's) that has only palm sugar in the ingredient list. It does seem more refined (paler, harder and less caramelly) than the one I get from Thai-Kee IGA over paddy's markets in Sydney though. It's also about $1.50 more.

For take away I usually do Indian (without rice), doner kebab meat plate with only a salad side (no cheese, no hummus, no bread, no sauce), a sauce-less salad at Sumo salad, in a semi emergency I'll get the chicken strip meal at Oportos and in a full on starvation emergency (and this is shameful) I'll get a McDonalds or Hungry jack's double cheeseburger with only meat and cheese (no sauce, pickles or onions) and remove the bun.

Sourcat is offline Member
    Just checked the nutritional info on both the Nando's and Oportos websites. There is nothing useful at Oporto's, all the chicken contains gluten and soy products. Nando's looks great though. The chicken strips & chicken are all gluten free (everything free). I love their chicken, so glad it looks ok. It also looks to be free range.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Sophie, going A2 didn't help me. I tried for a month, but in that month I still had cheese, cream and yogurt from normal A1-milk. I think I am a person that is better off dairy altogether. In a month I will try a bit of goats cheese to see what happens, but I really need this clean-out now. ghee on eggs is yum, try it!

I have finally broken through my 32-day stall. Halleluja!! Cutting the carbs did the trick.

My take-away of choice is, although rarely, Japanese. Stuff like sashimi. My local cafe also have beautiful fresh oysters or lamb salad. While out and about I opt for Sumo Salad.

I thought I'd share an amazing drink I came up with yesterday: I brewed a cup of Cinnamon-tea (from Woolies, organic brand), added 1 tbs of raw pure cocoa powder, a tiny bit of stevia, and 1/4 can Ayam coconut-milk. Made for a beautiful, rich drink post-lunch... Without any insulin-spike as such. Yummy!!

About the Macro-brand almond butter, yes it's yum, but the nuts haven't been soaked before processing, so anyone with leaky gut and sensitivities to physic acid like myself, can't eat it. I was doubled over in pain last time I tried.
    All of Loving Earth's nut products have been soaked, as they cause no pain when I eat them.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ah yes, sashimi! Sushi suma in Surry hills, sydney, will give you an enormous amount of fresh sashimi for an excellent price. The serve is terrible but it's very much worth it.

Even though macro almond butter does nothing obviously bad to me, if Loving Earth has an Almond butter then I'd definitely want to try it- does it have one?

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast