Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Places for PB food etc in Australia- list page 12

Sourcat is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Oooh, butter nutmeg and cream and leek sounds like an amazing soup recipe.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I cut dairy as of yesterday, doing an unofficial Whole30. I've stalled for a month and have a lot of bloat that doesn't seem to go. I'm going to miss my cream and cheese! But I think I'm having too much dairy since going primal, this should be good for me.

Athanasey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    I cut dairy as of yesterday, doing an unofficial Whole30. I've stalled for a month and have a lot of bloat that doesn't seem to go. I'm going to miss my cream and cheese! But I think I'm having too much dairy since going primal, this should be good for me.
    I can't wait to hear how it goes for you. I suspect that dairy is doing me no favours but love cheese sooo much. We have similar start and goal weights so I'm curious whether my weight loss will also stall as I get closer to goal.
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Belforte View Post
    I do not so much make sauces as plonk cream in stuff now.
    Oooooooh yes! There are few foodstuffs on earth that cannot be improved by the addition of either cream, sour cream, butter, or (in a pinch) good mayonnaise.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Sourcat is offline Member
    I really think I may join you. I am going to start with a 24hr no dairy goal & see if I can do it. I can still have my dark chocolate. The funny thing is I used to be very sensitive to dairy (eczema). This disappeared when I became pregnant & I have really loved dairy food. Tomorrow I am going to attempt to start the day with a green tea. Wish me luck.

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    I am thinking of a whole 30 after Christmas. A specifically Lindt free whole 30. I am not really dairy. I have a quarter cup cream in my coffee every morning and cook with butter and cream. Glamorama are you excluding butter/ghee?

As opposed my primal crutch is greek yoghurt. So maybe lindt and fage whole 30. But I cannot join until the 10th, when I am back from Aus and jet lag free. I am not gaining but not losing...so I might join in on my return.

But I was told for years I had a milk intolerance (specifically bad breath from avery young age) this has disappeared since removing grain and sugar.
    Life. Be in it.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasey View Post
    I can't wait to hear how it goes for you. I suspect that dairy is doing me no favours but love cheese sooo much. We have similar start and goal weights so I'm curious whether my weight loss will also stall as I get closer to goal.
    I'm still nice and chunky so if Mark is right about primal eating, I shouldn't be stalling this early. I'm still 30% BF for Gods sake!
    The reason I had a growing suspicion towards dairy happen before the epic stall though. The KP on my arms got much much worse since going primal, I developed heartburn for the first time ever, and taking bovine colostrum made it even worse. Seasonal allergies are far worse than they've ever been. Dairy is the only thing I'm eating more off since quitting SAD- I really think it is the reason I'm not optimal?
    Note that even as a child/teen, I got the runs if I drank too much dairy at once, e.g as a milkshake. So obviously I'm sensitive to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Belforte View Post
    I am thinking of a whole 30 after Christmas. A specifically Lindt free whole 30. I am not really dairy. I have a quarter cup cream in my coffee every morning and cook with butter and cream. Glamorama are you excluding butter/ghee?

As opposed my primal crutch is greek yoghurt. So maybe lindt and fage whole 30. But I cannot join until the 10th, when I am back from Aus and jet lag free. I am not gaining but not losing...so I might join in on my return.

But I was told for years I had a milk intolerance (specifically bad breath from avery young age) this has disappeared since removing grain and sugar.
    I quit butter but stick to ghee as it has no lactose or casein in it.
    I might do an official Whole30 in Jan, where I remove chocolate. I'm not going nuts on it but if my stall hasn't budged in another month I'll do it for sure.

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    Queensland Natural Beef at Toogoolawah have grass fed beef, lamb and pork. It is a bit far to go just to get something for dinner but if you want to buy in bulk as we did then it's not too bad.

maxshralp is offline Junior Member
    Brumbys bar in jindabyne. Lots of delicious meat choices accompanied by as much delicious veggies as you'd like and whatever sauces/dressings. So good

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    I'm still nice and chunky so if Mark is right about primal eating, I shouldn't be stalling this early. I'm still 30% BF for Gods sake!
    The reason I had a growing suspicion towards dairy happen before the epic stall though. The KP on my arms got much much worse since going primal, I developed heartburn for the first time ever, and taking bovine colostrum made it even worse. Seasonal allergies are far worse than they've ever been. Dairy is the only thing I'm eating more off since quitting SAD- I really think it is the reason I'm not optimal?
    Note that even as a child/teen, I got the runs if I drank too much dairy at once, e.g as a milkshake. So obviously I'm sensitive to it.

I quit butter but stick to ghee as it has no lactose or casein in it.
    I might do an official Whole30 in Jan, where I remove chocolate. I'm not going nuts on it but if my stall hasn't budged in another month I'll do it for sure.
    I'm thinking of doing the same for a while- eliminating all but ghee. Not sure if I'm motivated enough yet though. I'm really interetwd to see how your KP goes- I have it on my legs.

Also, I emailed the people who make the DHA eggs, ecoeggs (well I guess the chickens make them...) and they said the omega 3:6 ratio of their eggs is 1.1:1 but will confirm with the main scientist.

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast