fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member

Post Steve Jobs, Carbovore?

Primal Fuel
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I read a different article saying he wanted to try alternative methods and suggested his cancer wasn't so severe at first and was treatable, and others saying he was one of those "want to die young" type of people, so maybe he didn't care to perish early. I'm sure a better diet would've helped, cancer cells love sugar, which is why fasting and low carb diets have been effective as preventive measures, and in cases of confirmed cancer, fasting can help "starve" the cells though it may not erradicate them completely. It also depends on the type of cancer, severity, etc etc (What I Learned from Cancer)

I don't know much about Jobs, but I'm told he was more in charge of aesthetics at Apple, since my first inclination was to think "how could someone that drove technology be so against it when it came to his own treatment?" but please correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe he was more intimately involved in OS development and all of that.

His type of cancer was operable, but the diet measures he took, according to butter believer*, was what did him in.

I don't see a reason why it couldn't be true.
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 11-02-2011 at 07:38 AM. Reason: *I like this source, it's what started me on GAPS
    Follow me on google+

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    He was a practicing Buddhist for many years, so a veg*n diet would have made a lot of sense to him in a spiritual sense as well. I'm not sure if he was veg*n before getting cancer, but I would not be surprised if he was.

<-- meat eating Buddhist.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
    His type of cancer was operable, but the diet measures he took, according to butter believer*, was what did him in.

I don't see a reason why it couldn't be true.
    Sure diet could have contributed, but foregoing medical intervention was probably mistake numero uno. Plenty of carbovores get cancer and medicine can save them, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by kennelmom View Post
    He was a practicing Buddhist for many years, so a veg*n diet would have made a lot of sense to him in a spiritual sense as well. I'm not sure if he was veg*n before getting cancer, but I would not be surprised if he was.

<-- meat eating Buddhist.
    +1

I have a few buddhist friends and am personally thinking about trying it myself. Sounds mighty spiritual.
    Follow me on google+

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I read a different article saying he wanted to try alternative methods and suggested his cancer wasn't so severe at first and was treatable, and others saying he was one of those "want to die young" type of people, so maybe he didn't care to perish early. I'm sure a better diet would've helped, cancer cells love sugar, which is why fasting and low carb diets have been effective as preventive measures, and in cases of confirmed cancer, fasting can help "starve" the cells though it may not erradicate them completely. It also depends on the type of cancer, severity, etc etc (What I Learned from Cancer)

I don't know much about Jobs, but I'm told he was more in charge of aesthetics at Apple, since my first inclination was to think "how could someone that drove technology be so against it when it came to his own treatment?" but please correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe he was more intimately involved in OS development and all of that.
    It seems that people who are very familiar with technology are also more familiar with its limitations, especially regarding interaction with the human body.

dado Guest
    It's always funny when Westerners execute an about face and in the process spit on their spiritual roots. It's one thing to compare and contrast, to fortify and hone, but entirely another to reject and attach, bastardizing both worlds in the process. /

It never fails to amaze me how a man can be so strong in one field of understanding and at the same time so disgustingly oblivious to the fundamentals of human biology. Was he a weird eater? Did he shun fat? If true, it's a shame. /

And yes, iniQuity is correct, Steve Jobs, in my understanding, was not much more than an expert at smiling. That empty American smile, as they call it, manifested in gadget form. He made it look good and made strong technologies accessible to an increasingly dull consumer base. Of course this is a genius of its own, but we should be clear on its nature.

Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    It's always funny when Westerners execute an about face and in the process spit on their spiritual roots. It's one thing to compare and contrast, to fortify and hone, but entirely another to reject and attach, bastardizing both worlds in the process. /

It never fails to amaze me how a man can be so strong in one field of understanding and at the same time so disgustingly oblivious to the fundamentals of human biology. Was he a weird eater? Did he shun fat? If true, it's a shame. /

And yes, iniQuity is correct, Steve Jobs, in my understanding, was not much more than an expert at smiling. That empty American smile, as they call it, manifested in gadget form. He made it look good and made strong technologies accessible to an increasingly dull consumer base. Of course this is a genius of its own, but we should be clear on its nature.
    The topic of course is not on the technology, it was purely diet/cancer/health standpoint.

I hate apple. I hate the iPhone. The device itself is more sociopathic than he was. I was just wondering what you guys thought.
    Follow me on google+

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    ... in cases of confirmed cancer, fasting can help "starve" the cells though it may not erradicate them completely. It also depends on the type of cancer, severity, etc etc (What I Learned from Cancer) ...
    I take your point about the fasting part, but most of that article (and that site) does not make me happy. The article has a whole series of 'this can't be happening, I'm a vegetarian!' moments: skin cancer, low stomach acid, poor absorption, gallstones... Finally the writer concludes, "I came to see that it arose from toxicity issues dating to before I became a vegetarian" fifteen years earlier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast