Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm a believer page 4

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Speaking of yoga...
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Wednesday food

B: blueberries, greek yogurt, flax seeds
    L: leftover beef casserole with cauliflower rice, tomato, avocado
    D: Asian pork mince stir fry with veg stir fry
    other: teaspoon coconut oil, water, herbal teas, there must have been something else but I can't remember now

Activity
    30 minutes of exercises, lots of housework

Now where was I???

OK let's start with yesterday.

Saturday food

B: 2 small pieces of flax 'bread' with 2 eggs (scrambled with a bit of milk)
    L: 2 pieces of a frittata with sweet potato, avocado and some other green veg in it (eating out), loads of salad, small plain yogurt with berries
    D: massive Indian feast (OH's birthday dinner out), had no roti and minimal rice but everything else (I'm sure there were some lurking grains as I was super bloated last night, but not too many as I feel fine today), mango and almond kulfi which, incidentally, is absolutely delicious
    other: handful of nut and dried fruit mix, herbal teas, water, bubbles, red wine, hot choc

Activity
    3 hours of yoga and a good half hour of sawing and lugging to remove a dead shrub.

Big day all round really.

And so to Sunday

Food
    B: half an avocado and a tomato chopped, a sprinkle of grated cheese, a few teaspoons of yogurt and of taco sauce
    L: leftover pre-primal pasta dish (big mistake, was hungry from this point on), lots of veg lightly stir fried with some coconut oil
    D: bolognaise sauce over grated zucchini and carrot, salad
    other: water, herbal tea, bubbles, hot choc x 2, some Anzacs, a piece of somewhat primalified carrot cake... pasta is evil

Just need to get rid of those extras. Hmmmm. At least I have stopped the temporary nut fettish... Actually, looking back, I think that lack of protein may have been an equal problem with the bit of grain today. Can do better.

Activity
    One hour walk plus quite a bit of gardening. 'Tis the season of madly growing gardens here...

I feel decidedly fat today (writing Monday 11:46am), is this from the Indian on Saturday night, the bit of wheat I had yesterday, hormones??? Be gone I say!

Monday... while it's fresh in my mind

B: apple, Greek yogurt, muesli
    L: chicken meatballs, potato, mixed veg
    D: pork ribs (oh I know they're not primal but we love this recipe and I do cut the sugar down to practically zero), potato, stir fried veg
    other: water, herbal teas, hot chocolate

That's right: no snackies and no hunger either!!!

Activity
    Monday is my day off from scheduled exercise but I did mow the lawn and trim the edges... and trimmed on the governments (grrr) side of the fence, so over an hour worth of that kind of exercise.
    Last edited by ljq309; 12-05-2011 at 12:27 AM.

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ljq. Fancy meeting you here. Small world isn't it?

Hi Marg, this is a very entertaining world too!

Solldara is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with this

Have you tried eating more protein, your menu especially breakfast seems quite low - I find cooking a big joint, or opening a tin of salmon makes breakfasts really easy - just have left overs.

More protein will keep you feeling full and provide the building block your body needs - and it also stops you craving carbs which if you are trying to lose weight is definitely the way ahead. Loads of berries for the carbs if you fancy something sweet doesn't create constant cravings but I find that yoghurt and high carb fruit can do. If you are still serving traditional portions of meat to your sons it may be well below the portion size they will actually need for a start.

Also if you are trying to loose weight rather than maintain keep a close eye on your nuts and dairy and just eat as much meat, fish, eggs, berries and low starch veg as you want - I fill our plates full of roast carrots, mushrooms and onions or cauliflower and broccoli and we don't miss potatoes for general meals.
    1st June 11 to 30st Aug 11 - 36lb removed in 13 weeks
    Messed about on and off for the rest of the year

June 2012 - Had the practice - now time to do it for real

Nads is offline Junior Member

Yoohoo!

Hi Lisa, I found you too thanks to Marg's ingenuity.

I should frequent these forums too. Although I'm not strictly Primal, or even Paleo, more like low carb with a little bit of cheating from both Primal and Paleo when the fancy takes me, usually because I don't know any better.

I'm trying actually to work out the differences between them all. Low carb says don't eat veges that grow below the ground. And they have a photo that includes a cob of corn in the foods you are allowed to eat. Then they say just berries, no mention of other fruits. I have 7 bananas going off on my bench and I'd love to do something Primal with them.

Must admit I've totally taken to high fat everything. Butter, cream, fat on the meat, coconut oil, nuts etc. I feel like I'm eating so much (yet still sacrificing) but am slowly losing weight. The more fat I eat, the better I do.

The BEST thing I like about Primal are the exercise concepts. Walking is what I lost weight on originally (I was like Lisa and lost weight the "conventional" way) and I know it works best for me. But I've also had success in the past 5 years with dancing (ballet) which is sort of a combination of sprints (well, sort of), lots of rests, and something you enjoy. And also have had success with lifting heavy weights. What I've never had success with is lots of cardio.

Anyways, I perhaps should start my own blog, but perhaps not if I'm not really Primal.

Tell you what, my dog has gone Primal though. She's getting used to those chicken bones.

Nads I imagine your ballet would have been pretty much the perfect exercise.

I think there are at least 3000 (how many users are there?) versions of primal here so I wouldn't worry about how strictly primal you are. Like CK, most people strongly believe that their way is the only way. Oh, and 'eat some more meat' is the PB version of all those things I used to suggest constantly on CK. Anyway, I like these forums, I especially like the frequent links to research... and recipes. And I like that these forums are not overrun by whingers, oh they are here, but not every second post.

The last few days I have decided that wheat really is a problem for me, not an 'I have to have it' problem, but a 'this stuff makes me feel like crap' problem. This is a bit like my dairy lightbulb a few months ago - I've felt mildly not quite right for a reasonably long while but it's not until I cut it out/down and then added a little back in that it became obvious. So, so obvious. So I'm done with wheat!

Thanks Solldara. Ha ha, just try not feeding a teenage boy 'enough' meat... And these are non sporty city slickers too. I grew up on a farm, a sheep and cattle farm... nah, I don't think protein consumption is a problem. Wheat on the other hand... any tiny bit leads to me cruising the cupboards.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast