Hi there

I'll start by admitting that I'm somewhat embarrassed to 'say out loud' that I believe in this Primal lifestyle. Why? Because 4 1/2 years ago I lost 19kgs using Weight Watchers and I have kept it off. And because I have suggested many, many times on a couple of weight loss forums I use that people should just forget about low carb and eat as is recommended... the dreaded CW.

So, why am I here? Because it's getting harder instead of easier, this battle with the weight that I have lost, and I just don't feel like I am as healthy as I should be. I have read countless studies, ordered books, scanned web sites, watched YouTube, and joined Facebook pages... hours of time in the last 4 weeks or so and I have convinced myself that this is what I need to do.

I have started to eat differently and started to feed the family a bit differently. It's not too hard for me, I'm not a big carb eater anyway, around 150g per day, but I'm aiming to be around 100 on average within the next couple of weeks. The family are a bit trickier, being big bread/pasta/rice/cake/biscuit/slice/dessert etc eaters. I don't think they have noticed yet that they are being slowly weaned, although the 16 year old did mention that he'd noticed I was trying some new recipes...

I am waiting on my books... but so far so good. I know for sure that I am sleeping a whole lot better and that alone would make this worthwhile. I have more energy, I am not hungry, I think my skin looks better... but I may be imagining that.

So here I am, I will try and remember to come back with a progress report every day or so, and I will post random, probably unhelpful, comments all over the forums as well.

PS. Some Aussies are a bit fussy, we eat biscuits, biscuits are cookies, but we don't call them cookies... just so you know.