Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: I'm a believer page 15

Ellement is offline Member
    Hmmm I'm not much of a fan of Fishpond, like Lisa said they're sloooow...or at least, that's my experience. I'm impatient and can't wait 3 weeks for a book, which is how long it's taken both times I've ordered from them. I tend to use the Book Depository, the books are cheap, postage is free and they're reasonably fast. Generally takes 8-10 days from the UK. I would prefer to use an Aussie site though, have just ordered from Booktopia...have to pay for postage but the books look pretty cheap. Hopefully delivery will be fast!

And thanks for the book suggestion Lisa, will have to check that one out too
    Last edited by Ellement; 04-28-2012 at 03:10 AM.
    Right here Right now

An Aussie girl goes Primal

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    I have only ordered 3 books, Nourishing Traditions, Primal Body etc and one other one that I can't even remember. They all took at least 2 weeks, PBPM took FOREVER... OK 3 1/2 weeks. I seem to order books that have to come from OS.

I've used booktopia too, not for books from OS though. I guess we're just so used to ordering things that arrive the next day... I get annoyed with Lego. Our youngest son is mad on Lego, and nearly all the stuff he wants has to be ordered from Lego, or from sellers in the US. I can buy something from a US eBay seller and have it in a week, but from Lego it takes 3 weeks, and costs heaps more. Arrrggghhhhh!

There is a huge article in the Canberra Times this morning (and probably in other newspapers as well) about depression (as in the rise in prescriptions for antidepressant medication). Their take on the causes seems is that it's because we're all so busy and we don't have that family/community help/backup that previous generations enjoyed. Now, I live away from my family and have not ever had any help from the OH's lot in terms of helping with the kids, OK maybe twice in nearly 17 years, and I worked when the kids were little. And yes, all that takes a toll. But I wish they would dig a bit deeper, what ever happened to research? I wonder does the rise in depression follow the rise in the consumption of crap food for example... Canberra has one of the lowest rates of depression and yet surely we would have one of the largest populations of people who live away from their families. We also have a so called 'highly educated' population with high incomes, we have easy access to really good food, and a wide range of food... And then there's the unrelenting sunshine.

I woke up this morning to the sound of someone stomping around the house. It was quite early and I was amazed to think that anyone else was actually conscious. I peeked out the bedroom door and saw the eldest son with a bucket and sponge scrubbing madly at the carpet. The cat had thrown up (ewwww!) in his room and in the corridor. I am so impressed that he actually cleaned it up himself, what an angel.
    Last edited by ljq309; 04-29-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    oooh where do you buy the lego from?
    My nearly 5 year old loves, it, and has been building lego city on his own for probably 6 months now.
    We have a shit load of it, but will buy more for his birthday in September.

I'm looking forward to having a BIIIG Lego sale one day, in fact our Lego fiend is 14... so I have been looking forward to this sale for some time. He's currently into this stuff, and this series. These mostly seem to be available in Australia now but when he wanted them they weren't... if they're not I look at the Lego site then US ebayers. Toycorner in Adelaide have had some of the sets he's wanted over the years that aren't in the shops.

Dusting Lego

Ellement is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljq309 View Post
    Dusting Lego
    Make the 14 year old dust his own Lego!

And yes the stuff is horribly expensive direct from Lego. I actually went to Legoland in Denmark a couple of years ago with my bestfriend and her 7 year old son. I had planned to stock up thinking it would be cheap there, but nooo way, it was even pricer than it is here! Needless to say I didn't come home with much. Used the money I saved for shopping in Paris instead
    Right here Right now

An Aussie girl goes Primal

dusting lego?
    Ours is currently sitting in big trays under the couch. The sets never stay made up for long LOL I feel like building something now.
    I am about to look up a crane city set and ill buy it for his birthday.

He does dust, but it's a boy dust...

Quote Originally Posted by ljq309 View Post
    I'm looking forward to having a BIIIG Lego sale one day, in fact our Lego fiend is 14... so I have been looking forward to this sale for some time. He's currently into this stuff, and this series. These mostly seem to be available in Australia now but when he wanted them they weren't... if they're not I look at the Lego site then US ebayers. Toycorner in Adelaide have had some of the sets he's wanted over the years that aren't in the shops.
    think of me when you do
    We will just buy city stuff for now, as he loves it. There are a couple of sets ive been looking out for that are discontinued, but I just found on ebay quite a few new ones, so will buy later.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today in my kitchen: I have just made Gingerbread from Nourishing Traditions (no, I did not grind my own flour, that's not something I'm going to do, but I did soak the flour, I didn't use rapadura either - Lisa's rules), it's in the oven and looks and smells great. I have also put the Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast from the Primal Blueprint Cookbook in the slow cooker, also complete with my preferred adaptations. I have a jar of Ginger Carrots (NT) fermenting on the bench, and I have jars of Kombucha and Water Kefir brewing on the shelves, oh and yogurt 'cooking' too. Oh wow, typing all that makes me feel very industrious.

I loaned my copy of The Primal Blueprint to my mum as I was reading it when we last visited her. She has loaned it to her sister, K. K is one of those people who has heaps of stomach problems and has seen all sorts of people over the years to try and sort it out, she's also one of those who went orange from drinking massive amounts of juiced carrots. Her OH has debilitating migraines too so I hope they read it and make a few positive changes. She works with someone I went to school with who can't eat gluten so I know she is open to cutting down or quitting the nasty grains. We'll see. They would probably benefit more from Primal Body Primal Mind but my OH is still snailing through that one.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast