Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm a believer page 13

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Shop Now
    Welcome.

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    Good to see you back Lisa.
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    Listening to my 16 year old son and his friend having breakfast...

L: How is cheese made?
    J: (J 'knows everything') Well milk makes butter, cream makes yogurt, yogurt must make cheese.

Mmmm sort of...
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

YAY! Nourishing Traditions just arrived!

I just made this. I applied what was left in the 'cooking' container quite liberally and I smell like a coconut. It's a nice coconut smell though, not too overpowering... I think. Next time I will use more olive oil as it's a bit hard in the Canberra climate, nice though, actually the 'recipe' says to try less bees wax so that's what I'll do. Palmers unhealthy goo in the bin!

Ohh, and a while ago I tossed the L'Oreal anti wrinkle pot of lies and am using rose hip oil on my face. Rose hip oil is FAAAAAABULOUS.
    Last edited by ljq309; 04-17-2012 at 05:27 PM.

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    Happy reading. I'm going to get another book as soon as I've made up my mind which one to get first. There are so many to choose from.....

Lisa that recipe looks really nice. I have book marked the site. I have the ingredients at home too so will give it a go after I've made some more soap. I've been making my own soap for about 13 years now and keep the family supplied as well but stocks are getting a bit low so have to get into making more before I start anything new.
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

That cream is great - my skin still feels all soft and smooth after my shower today.

Today in my kitchen: I have sourdough on the bench waiting for it's next 'fold', I have bottled my first water kefir and started the next batch, I have made a sauerkraut from Nourishing Traditions (and discovered that the basic one I made a while ago, which I'm still eating, is straight from this book too), I have the slow cooker going with chicken stock and I have made Chocolate Coconut Pie for dessert. For breakfast I had a whole avocado (piggy) and a little tin of salmon (what a great breakfast!) and for lunch (which I barely need) I am having leftover veg mushed up with an egg and cooked in some butter.

Things have changed...

Today in the kitchen: I have sourdough on the bench waiting for it's next 'fold', I have bottled my second water kefir and started the next batch, the first one has gone in the fridge and will test it on the kids tonight, my sauerkraut is bubbling, my kombucha is sitting quietly in the cupboard, I have made a chorizo and potato frittata (I freeze the slices and the kids have it in their lunch boxes) and I've made some spiced nuts (again for the kids).

For breakfast I sliced an apple and cooked it in coconut oil, made a piece of french toast from nut butter bread, an egg and nutmeg and also cooked that in the coconut oil, and had all that with some plain home made yogurt.

I need to revisit my yogurt instructions, each batch gets weaker and waterier, I guess I need to brew it longer or put more of the original yogurt in the mixture.. or both. Anyway, I'll make a 'proper' Easiyo batch today so I can start again.

Almost forgot, I am trialling flavouring my milk kefir with chai mix, can't wait to try that this afternoon.

Today in the kitchen: Day 6 and the kombucha still seems too sweet to be done, will test it each day and hopefully one day it will be obvious to me that it is ready. Bottle 3 and jar 4 of water kefir are on the bench, each bottled batch is bubblier than the previous one so I guess that's a good thing. I tested the first bottle and it is pretty good so I am going to ask the kids to give their opinion on bottle 2 tonight. I seem to be having trouble with my milk cultures now it's the kefir that's not thickening up, maybe it's just the weather and I need to leave everything for an extra half day... or something. I have a batch of Salsa (ala Nourishing Traditions) brewing. I have put the red cabbage sauerkraut in the back of the fridge to keep culturing away while I finish off the original batch (a little goes a long way). I saw a recipe for 'fat bombs' somewhere in Facebook land recently and I have made some this morning, mine are 1 part butter, 2 parts almond butter, coconut oil and dark chocolate. Bet I know which son will like those the best. Nup, not telling anyone they are called fat bombs, they will be Chocolate Almond Bombs...

I had my hair cut and coloured today (no, not at all primal) and had my 2 hairdresser black coffees, 2 hairdresser chocolates and my fill of the hairdresser glossy gossip mags... 6 weeks worth. I love haircut day.

Our home internet has called in sick today and so I am using my backup mobile internet (yep, crappy unreliable, slow as a dead snail climbing the wall flipping Telstra) sooooo I am off to clean out the fridge until it is working properly again.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast