Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm a believer page 12

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh Lisa. Is it feeling any better today? Do you know what the damage is? I just posted on my journal that you have passed me on the slow walking thread. But I didn't wish for your injury. Truly I didn't
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    It's OK Marg, I only skipped one walk on the weekend... I don't know what I've done but it's improving so I'm just going to wait for it to heal, I'll just walk slower for a while and forget the stupid sprints.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

If you have a spare hour this is worth your time.

Long time no journalling. I'm feeling a bit strange because I decided to take a few days off exercise. I only walk and do yoga but I have a sore right heel and a sore left little toe which has been sore for literally months, and so I really feel like I need to give the poor footsies a chance to recover. Normally I detest days when I can't exercise but I'm sort of (a little bit guiltily) enjoying this week. I haven't exercised since my 30 min walk and 90 mins of yoga last Friday, I REALLY want to restart tomorrow but will leave it until this Friday and only do the yoga. Fancy having to talk myself OUT of exercise. Not good for the challenge... so be it.

f1shf1ghter is offline Junior Member
    Hi Lisa, was perusing CK today after many months of largely ignoring blogs and forums and noticed that your username had disappeared. Put my internet search skill to good use and stalked you down here

Just wanted to check that you were doing ok.

James

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    I just downloaded the link Lisa and now I just might go to bed and listen to it. I'm back home after almost 3 weeks in NZ with family. I've managed to get several family members seriously interested in a Primal/Paleo way of eating. SIL in Christchurch, a son in Auckland, my brother, and my sister and her husband. Some want/need to lose weight but others just want to be healthier. I spent a fair bit of time in kitchens making the Flaxseed bread, the Chocolate Brownie recipe and various primal friendly foods. Now it's up to them. I got a bit of a kick out of their reactions to my improved energy etc.

How are those feet. I hear you about feeling just the teeniest bit guilty about a lack of exercise while away but have already started to get back into it. Enjoy the Yoga.
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Good for you Marg for pointing your rels in the Primal direction, I hope they appreciate your efforts. Holidays and catching up with people is great but are you glad to be home? I always am...

I did 90 mins gentle yoga on Friday and 3 hours (!) worth yesterday, and while anything that stretches that right heel can be a bit touch and go, I can actually do everything (well the things I could do before anyway...) and it's not sore this morning. Still a bit dodgy if I have to walk up a steep hill or run a couple of steps but I can avoid that. I started walking again this morning too.

James, good stalking skills! CK was annoying me for a good long while and one day I just decided I could do without it so I cancelled my account. No going half way for me (like maybe just not visiting the site...). I love eating this Primal way (while I'm not the strictest Primal eater out there that's for sure) and I get far more entertainment from these forums. I did a similar thing on Facebook the other day - unliked a few pages that had been sucking too much happiness out of my little world. So freeing!

So yeah, doing OK, clothes a bit 'smaller' than I want them to be, but getting there. I have been thinking (as I'm sure many people have thought many times before me) that all this counting of things is just plain ridiculous and so I have decided I just need to stop. Thing is, since I counted various things over so many years, it's not all that easy to stop, so part of stopping is avoiding other counters (points, calories, carbs, fat, protein, cups, grams, sugar, fructose... grapes etc).

My current project is continuing the (frequently by stealth) Primalisation of the family. This looks like a long term project.

Oooh, just remembered, yesterday at the yoga day there were 2 people who had ordered gluten free lunches. The rest of us were provided with a quiche type thing and a couple of salads and some fruit (delicious, the healthy vego yoga food is always devine). What did the gluten free peeps get? Rolls, gluten free bread rolls, I'm sure the fillings were lovely but seriously, if the rest of had been having rolls I could understand, but we weren't.

Dear MDA forum spammers

Long time no blog... again. Sick of the rubbish posts really. Anyway. this was a good listen today.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast