Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm a believer page 10

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    I had pork crackling on Saturday. First time in years. Low fat sure doesn't taste as good. How did the bone broth turn out?
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    The broth is very, very good Marg. I left it in the slow cooker for 12 hours then it kept it warm another 8 (while I slept), I might even cook it longer next time as the flavour seemed to be much better in the morning than it was the night before. It didn't go gelatinous like some people seem to like but that's fine by me. I'm not feeling 'strong' enough to drink it straight but I made a delicious soup for lunch today with just some of the broth and random veg from the fridge.

I might have to invest in Nourishing Traditions, yes another book.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

I've just read a really interesting book by Heather Fraser called " The Peanut Allergy Epidemic: What's Causing It and How To Stop It'. Wow, as the mother of a 14 year with allergies, including peanut, and asthma this book is rather frightening.

More reading to do...

Woah, it's been a whole week since I reported/ranted/whinged... I guess that's what happens when the site is down over the weekend: Lisa learns that she CAN live without it. In fact Lisa even contemplates cancelling her membership... or whatever it's called, but can't quickly work out how to do that so wanders off and gets sidetracked... and is still here.

So the kids have been back at school for a week and a half. I am giving them reasonably primal lunch boxes, including some wheat free, fructose free baked treats as always. So far so good. The eldest (16, Yr 11) says he likes telling his friends that wheat is bad, I bet they think he's a loony/I'm a loony. Ah well. I'm giving them things like meatballs, chicken drumsticks, zucchini slice, frittata etc and they are used to having access to a microwave to reheat their lunch, this year the eldest has changed schools and so is needing to eat his food cold (which is perfectly fine, he's just in the habit of nuking it), so sometimes he brings it home again and nukes it at 4:30. Hmmm.

Oooh I'm liking this auto save thing, is that new or did I just not notice it before? CK needs that, I used to be forever accidentally deleting my posts there.

SO I seem to have my sweet food binge/obsession under control again. The weight is not where I want it to be though so I have to persist, persist, persist. I guess it's lucky we are having a cool summer as I'm sure some of my summer clothes that I might have worn in really hot weather are out of reach at the moment.

February 20th is the five year anniversary of the day I started Weight Watchers Online. I like to acknowledge that anniversary because that was when I started learning about food. That was when I started to question the recommended food servings simply because there was no possible way I could eat what they suggested, particularly the carbs. Yes I lost weight using WW and have kept it off give or take the odd pesky kilo mostly relying on the run of the mill 'wisdom'. It works, I suspect they (diets) nearly all work if you pull your head in and just do what they suggest. Of course the effect on your long term health may be variable.

Ramble over...

He he he, I've just been to the local (strange little organic) fruit and veg shop to buy milk, kale and lettuce. The lovely young man who took my money told me about a fellow who came in yesterday to buy a bag of kale for his gf for Valentine's Day instead of (I would have expected as well as) roses. Awwwww. BTW kale IS a newish and not often found novelty in the Australian capital city...

Five years is a good length of time to have maintained Lisa. I've made 2 yrs next month and look forward to reaching that 5 year mark.

I haven't been able to find kale in any of the shops that I know about. I would love to try the kale chips so will have to go further afield or wait til growing season and grow my own. I am envious of son and DIL who have a small asian grocer near their place who stocks a variety of asian and other greens including kale.
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

I tried to grow some kale from seed Marg, seems it's extremely attractive to all the bugs in our garden. I have a quite healthy crop of kale... stems.

Hmmm possums will probably like it as well then.

Oh yes, our possums particularly like strawberries and young rose buds.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How goes it with you? Miss you on CK. You put up so many interesting links and I spent some hours exploring them. It never hurts to get another viewpoint and even when it is different to your own it can make you stop and think.

We're off to NZ beginning of March for 3 weeks. Now that will be a test. We're visiting family in both Islands and staying at 5 different family homes. None of whom eat Primal. One family emailed me for lentil recipes as they wanted to eat more healthy stuff.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast