Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Athlete not hungry anymore. but need energy page

runner_79 is offline Senior Member

Athlete not hungry anymore. but need energy

Shop Now
    thanks for everything so far everyone.

i have a new questions that is plaguing me.

i run hard, do kettlebells and PLAY CRICKET so thats 5-6 out of 7 days im training and or playing.

Cricket, how would i fuel for a day at cricket? meal wise?
    how would i go about hunger issues. i mean i am never hungry anymore, but i need more energy from food since kicking caffiene.

i am strict paleo and also, want to keep leaning out so i avoid fruit and nuts. no grains legumes and dairy, and i even put down 85% organic dark chocolate because it had raw cane sugar in it...

wow...
    anyways, can anyone help?

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    My simplest idea is to top up your cals by eating CO off the spoon a few times a day with meals.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    So are you actually feeling fatigued during these events or just worried that you are not eating enough? It is common to lose your appetite when you first start eating this way - I go in cycles of almost no appetite then suddenly I am hungry all the time!

If you are feeling fatigued from under-eating you can try to add more fat in with your meals to bump up the calories or add in more carbs a few days a week to stimulate your appetite and stock your muscles up with glycogen.

i think its a combo of both. I can only eat so much coconut oil lol...i snack on coconut oil and cacao mixed together and frozen when on the go.
    ill give you a sample of what i eat usually
    brekky: 4-6 eggs scrambled over medium, spinach, tomato and mushrooms sauteed
    lunch: big ass salad with mixed greens and the usual condiments (no nuts) and almost like marks big salad with grilled chicken breast, dab of olive oil
    dinner: any lean protein source with lots of veggies. dont want to much fat at night so i dont blunt GH.

may have a serve of coconut milk with cinnamon some days.
    i love fruit but i tend to wanna have to much as i love it so much and same with nuts as i love them and they hinder leaning out more.

if i run in the am (fasted) ill throw 100g sweet potato in my omlete, and if i trainin the everning, my greens shiuld be sufficient enough to replenish stores of glycogen. im running at 4:10mins per km which is about a 6:50 min/ per mile pace but then ramp up to race pace every 5 or 10mins for 2 minutes.

cricket training days, i dont get home till almost 9pm and thats too late to eat so i usually just IF til brekky next morning.
    really stressing me out cause i feel like im drained and need more energy.
    and i have this thing about that i read where:
    meals: protein+fat and less than 10g carbs (keeps unwanted gfat gain)
    carbs and protein with less than 10g fat (again, unwanted fat gain minimized) TRUTH?

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you need carbohydrate. There is no reason to fear easily digestible carbohydrates such as fruits and "safe" starches, especially since you're doing that much exercise. You've got the right idea about grains, legumes, and dairy, but you should definitely be having some fruit and potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, etc. Nuts and chocolate can be problematic, but it's not because of the carbohydrates/sugars.

but sugars from berries...i love blueberries ans strawberries. all others im not fussed over. When is it best to consume these delightful treats without the unwanted weight/fat gain and what to have it with to avoid spillage into liver?still trying to lean out too...double edge sword

aion12 is offline Junior Member
    Welcome back!Wish you were here every moment a lot of fun

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like carbs would help you. I was massively fatigued last week and the only thing that helped was upping my fats and carbs. I added carbs through blueberries and macadamias. Sweet potato is probably a better option for someone as active as you though. Don't be scared of berries, they are great once in a while. Funnily I moved past a weightloss stall once I included more carbs again. It seems to go up and down for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Sounds like carbs would help you. I was massively fatigued last week and the only thing that helped was upping my fats and carbs. I added carbs through blueberries and macadamias. Sweet potato is probably a better option for someone as active as you though. Don't be scared of berries, they are great once in a while. Funnily I moved past a weightloss stall once I included more carbs again. It seems to go up and down for me!
    When is it best to eat them?post workout only?
    I really love berries in coconut milk and cinnamon but it stalled fat loss. Still want performance but also leaning out

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    When is it best to eat them?post workout only?
    I really love berries in coconut milk and cinnamon but it stalled fat loss. Still want performance but also leaning out
    Pre-workout is also good. You might want to lower your fat consumption as you increase carbohydrate intake. I would not recommend eating fruit with loads of fat if you're trying to lean out. Have a banana or two pre-workout and feel free to do the same afterward. 100-150 grams of carbohydrate is the recommended threshold for people trying to maintain weight; you are a VERY active athlete and could actually do well with 150-200 (possibly even more). You don't need to go out of your way to eat that much, but if you have a favorite fruit or starch, feel free to consume it without too much fat pre-workout and post-workout.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast