Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is throwing up after eating certain foods a sign of food allergy?

Is throwing up after eating certain foods a sign of food allergy?

Shop Now
    I had the stomach flu pretty much all of October. I could not keep food down. Now, when I eat certain foods, I immediately, uncontrollably throw up after. Sometimes when I eat it leads to this reaction and sometimes not. Am I just not over the stomach flu bug? What should I do? I tried greek yogurt to help the stomach but I threw it up. I am hoping it is just the bug still and not gonna be the norm. I hate throwing up!
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Yikes! I have no idea but no matter what I'd see a doctor. I hope you recover soon!

yeh, it is not every time though so maybe my body is still trying to recover? my immune system isn't the best

Four weeks of vomiting is highly unlikely to be the flu. I think you should be seen by a physician very soon.

ETA: Have you kept a food journal to see if a certain food item could be the problem?

well i may have introduced foods back in too quickly and may be overeating or something. maybe I need to eat smaller meals throughout the day until My body is fully recovered? I need to just try to focus on being 100 percent primal so I can build back my immune system and get back on track. People have suggested probiotics but I don't really know what foods have those besides yogurt.

Perhaps GAPS diet would be helpful. Sounds horrible. I make my own Kefir and sauerkraut. Good Luck!

You've got something else going on. See a doctor.

+1 see a doctor. Stomach flu usually lasts a couple days, not a month.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnabair View Post
    You've got something else going on. See a doctor.
    I agree. Please see a doctor soon.

Shop Now
    +1 on GAPS and doctor. They can help you with any questions about probiotics as well.
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies