Thread: Being out of breath after sprinting. page

barehard Guest

I mean seriously out of breath and taking ages to recover. I've recently quit smoking so no surprise there. Would it be beneficial for me to do some jogging (normal pace, not sprinting) to increase my stamina/endurance?

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

I'd continue sprinting, but with less intensity and more rests between sets. You won't get better at sprinting if you don't sprint.

barehard Guest

I meant that in Mark's HGH sprinting article, he says that it should take about 10 minutes or so (something like that anyway, a short time.) I'm talking about jogging at a slower pace for 45minutes or so on a different day to weight-lifting/sprinting.

Geoff is offline Member

I'm talking about jogging at a slower pace for 45 minutes or so on a different day to weight-lifting/sprinting.

That's what "move slowly" is all about. Just keep it really easy and gentle. Walking or hiking is fine, doesn't have to be jogging, but if you can jog in the move slowly heart rate zone (generally under 75% of your max HR) and like jogging then that's fine too. Like Jess says, "move slowly" won't do a lot to directly improve your sprinting - different energy systems are in play and very different muscle activation patterns and mechanics, but it will help you boost aerobic fitness and you may find you recover more quickly between sprints. Just remember to take it easy.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/healt...rate-exercise/

Godzilla is offline Senior Member

How long does it take you to recover, from say a 100-yard sprint? If I'm doing hill sprints of that length, I'll take up to three minutes of walking to recover. If on flat land, maybe a minute and a half or two minutes.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Light jogging would help I'm sure... it's just going to take time for your lungs to heal...