Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workplace CW health advice page

tsd
    tsd is offline Member

Workplace CW health advice

You know those newsletters or notices you get in your email, or see posted in the lunchroom? The ones with the monthly health tips (Why you should be eating whole grains!), lists of superfoods to help us stay our healthiest (Oatmeal! Beans! Non-fat yogurt!), and stuff we need to limit (Cut back on eggs, bacon, and butter!).

Has anybody seen primal advice in such a format? I'd love to post something on the fridge in the lunchroom, just something short that people can see and read in a few seconds at least to get them to thinking.

jenh is offline Senior Member
    Vernon Hills, IL (Northern Chicago suburbs)
    There is the primal pyramid... but good luck getting your workplace to approve of such posting. They'd fear they would be sued for promoting heart attacks, etc.
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    You could always make one yourself...

"This month, think about getting more animal protein, which is the most balanced and complete, and contains all the essential amino acids for healthy tissues as well as strong muscles and bones. Animal foods, especially from naturally-raised and pastured animals, contain essential monounsaturated and saturated fatty acids that provide structure and energy to every cell in the body. Naturally-raised and wild animal products, including fish, also contain healthful and balanced quantities of the essential omega-3 and -6 fats, which combat inflammation, boost your immune system, and keep your heart and brain working at their best."

Or...

"Add some color to your diet. There are thousands of options: leafy greens; cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and kale; roots and tubers like carrots, turnips, and sweet potatoes; and others like eggplant, squash, tomatoes... the list goes on! Vegetables are low in calories but high in essential vitamins and minerals, as well as carotenoids, antioxidants and other compounds that promote health, immunity, and longevity. Whole vegetables are much more nutritious than grains like wheat, corn, and barley, contain just as much healthy fiber, and best of all, don't cause weight gain!"

You get the idea. Cater to the CW mentality while maintaining the superiority of Primal foods. I could do one for animal fats vs. veg oils too, but I should probably get some work done sometime today.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post

"This month, think about getting more animal protein, which is the most balanced and complete, and contains all the essential amino acids for healthy tissues as well as strong muscles and bones. Animal foods, especially from naturally-raised and pastured animals, contain essential monounsaturated and saturated fatty acids that provide structure and energy to every cell in the body. Naturally-raised and wild animal products, including fish, also contain healthful and balanced quantities of the essential omega-3 and -6 fats, which combat inflammation, boost your immune system, and keep your heart and brain working at their best."

Or...

"Add some color to your diet. There are thousands of options: leafy greens; cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and kale; roots and tubers like carrots, turnips, and sweet potatoes; and others like eggplant, squash, tomatoes... the list goes on! Vegetables are low in calories but high in essential vitamins and minerals, as well as carotenoids, antioxidants and other compounds that promote health, immunity, and longevity. Whole vegetables are much more nutritious than grains like wheat, corn, and barley, contain just as much healthy fiber, and best of all, don't cause weight gain!"

You get the idea. Cater to the CW mentality while maintaining the superiority of Primal foods. I could do one for animal fats vs. veg oils too, but I should probably get some work done sometime today.
    This is a good idea. Could we slip in the fact that there is no nutrient found in any grain that can't be found in a better quantity in either vegetables or meat? :-)
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

It's a great idea but it has to very simple and to the point, people have a short attention span these days. So anything along the lines of:
    - catching their attention with a one-liner
    - influencing their emotions
    - informing on how it's done

Following this you could make a one page info sheet with a 'before' and 'after' picture of someone who has successfully lost weight or improved blood stats etc. And then providing brief info on how it can be done.
    Primal Matrix - primal/paleo news feeds aggregator
    LowCarbFlix - carb free videos

ErinC is offline Senior Member
    DID YOU KNOW: Eating fat won't make you fat.
    Learn more at marksdailyapple.com

Quote Originally Posted by ErinC View Post
    DID YOU KNOW: Eating fat won't make you fat.
    Learn more at marksdailyapple.com
    +1000
    My goal pic...

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    At my work gym, somebody left behind a post-it:

"Treadmill - 15 minutes
    Lunges - 10 each side
    Run one mile"

I added "Don't forget the barbell squats! : )"

That was my good deed for the day.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    At my work gym, somebody left behind a post-it:

"Treadmill - 15 minutes
    Lunges - 10 each side
    Run one mile"

I added "Don't forget the barbell squats! : )"

That was my good deed for the day.
    Ha ha ha, love it
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

tsd
    tsd is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jenh View Post
    good luck getting your workplace to approve of such posting.
    I'm not planning on getting pre-approval. If I see something I like, it's going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post

Or...

I am considering doing my own. I also may just let it slide, unless the CW postings become more frequent, in which case I'll feel the need to push back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast