Thread: Sugar - evil. page

englishrose is offline Junior Member

Sugar - evil.

Primal Fuel
    Oh dear.

The thing is, i LOVE primal food. I love cooking, I love natural flavours, and I generally always feel satisfied, full and never deprived.

So, last night we went to the pub as hubby had a rotten day at work, and they do a wicked mixed grill, which we just say no to the chips, and get an extra fried egg. You get steak, pork chop, chicken breast, a lamb cutlet and a local pork sausage (gluten free) topped with 2 fried eggs and mushrooms. yum yum yum. However we didnt notice, but they had a deal on when you order 2 main meals, you get a free massive "big as your head" chocolate icecream dessert. First we knew about it was when they put it on the table!

We both hate wasting food, and it has been literally MONTHS since we have had anything like icecream, so we decided to let this be our 20% treat for the consiterable future, and tucked in.

First sign of danger: the awful upset stomach i had all evening, and general disruptive digestion for most of today, along with the MOST HIDEOUS sugar cravings ever. and being able to hear my pulse in my ears.... Normally i dont eat until midday, especially if i have a big evening meal, but my belly wouldnt quit rumbling all morning... and by lunch time I was ready to eat the person sat next to me! Lunch was cold cut bacon joint, and some home made garlic coleslaw.... usually keeps me full till the evening - but 2 hours later... more belly rumbles.. so much so that the girl who sits opposite me has just handed me a biscuit, so my stomach will shut up! I had forgotten whay this type of hunger feels like!!

( I ate the biscuit - i know.) *hangs head in shame*

Need something epic (and fatty) for dinner tonight... need to reset my insides....

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    If you can take the hunger, I always find that fasting for a little while after a disaster like that gives my gut a chance to handle its "issues" and makes it easier to get back on track.

Then make sure you give your body lots of good food so it can feel better.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    If you can take the hunger, I always find that fasting for a little while after a disaster like that gives my gut a chance to handle its "issues" and makes it easier to get back on track.

+1. Don't eat until you are really hungry again. If you are fat-adapted, you might have hunger pangs at your normal eating time, but they will go away shortly.

dado Guest
    sugar, this is the best thing. but also the worst.

every morning, in the footsteps of the great mark sisson, i put sugar in my coffee. and this is all.

it's very good. i trust it more than this new age stevia shit.

elainevdw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post

Yes, sugar IS evil, and thank you for this tip. I went on a sugar bender for the first time in weeks myself -- and I was leaning towards fasting a bit just because it felt like the thing to do.
    ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Quote Originally Posted by vontrapp View Post
    CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
    Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.