Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PCOS no more page

nuraan is offline Senior Member

PCOS no more

Shop Now
    Two years ago i was diagnosed with PCOS and all the hormonal issues that goes with it - my ovaries were a complete mess - luckily i already had my kids and wasnt trying to have any more which apparently would have been very difficult.
    In the 2 years i completely changed my WOE and started exercising - lost 20kg and was hoping that my health would improve ... well ... yesterday i went for my checkup and my doc says my ovaries are "beautiful" and she officially said that i no longer have PCOS - i'm really excited since i thought that it would be a lifelong hormonal rollercoaster for me that i would have to just accept.

brachiate is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! Now spread the word

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Good on you! I wish my sister and sister-in-law would give this a go....
    Last edited by Misabi; 11-06-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuraan View Post
    Two years ago i was diagnosed with PCOS and all the hormonal issues that goes with it - my ovaries were a complete mess - luckily i already had my kids and wasnt trying to have any more which apparently would have been very difficult.
    In the 2 years i completely changed my WOE and started exercising - lost 20kg and was hoping that my health would improve ... well ... yesterday i went for my checkup and my doc says my ovaries are "beautiful" and she officially said that i no longer have PCOS - i'm really excited since i thought that it would be a lifelong hormonal rollercoaster for me that i would have to just accept.
    CONGRATULATIONS! That is a HUGE achievement!

jaye is offline Senior Member
    How Awesome!!! You are an inspiration to me. I have endometriosis but hope to have a similar outcome as you!

Tessa is offline Member
    Congrats, that's great news!
    Character is defined by what you do when no one else is looking.

nuraan is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everyone ... sorry but i cant stop grinning ... whats really cool about my current result is that the doctors that i dealt with previously were really negative - I was told that i needed to lose weight to see improvements BUT that PCOS makes it almost impossible to lose weight ... So it seemed like i had to accept this Lose Lose situation _ I'm so happy i could prove them wrong AND without medication while feeling amazingly healthy, happy and youthful as an added bonus

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    So how did you overcome PCOS? Is there anything they attributed your new found health to?

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    This is big news! Congratulations! You've got to share what you did for the other PCOS ladies here.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Heather T is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Congratulations! You should be grinning from ear to ear! PCOS is so hard to overcome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast