Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PCOS no more page 2

jenh is offline Senior Member
    Vernon Hills, IL (Northern Chicago suburbs)
    Shop Now
    FANTASTIC! I too have endometriosis...but it is somewhat manageable after the surgery I had 3.5 years ago to remove adhesion and a Mirena IUD.
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

weird fish is offline Senior Member
    That's amazing!! And such an encouraging and REFRESHING thing for me to hear, because I have PCOS and none of my family or doctors believes it's curable or that I can even treat it without BC. Congratulations, it must be such an amazing feeling to know that you are healthy again.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    I have PCOS, IR and hormone issues and this gives me hope and inspiration to keep trying and going with this lifestyle!
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

nuraan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    You've got to share what you did for the other PCOS ladies here.
    Hi Not sure if will help but its been my experience and hopefully the PCOS ladies can take something out of it that will help with their symptoms.
    I don't take any contraceptive/hormonal meds - I personally think they cause more harm than good - i had my tubes clamped when i was 26 since i was already happy with the 2 kids that i had and was having problems with the pill, the shots, etc - in fact i got pregnant with my daughter using one - i had a severe case of bronchitis around the same time and stopped smoking. At 36 (2 years ago) i was diagnosed with PCOS, was 25kg overweight, hypertensive, ashmatic and unhappy. I started moving more (especially the last 7 months) - i committed myself to at least 1.5 hours exercise 3 times a week - this is not negotiable i plan everything around my workout days. I took a multivitamin and omega 3 supplement daily. The biggest change though was my diet - last year i completely cut out wheat, sugar, legumes, potatoes, milk, vegetable oil, nuts, chocolate and reduced my fruit intake to about 2 a day which was mainly apples. My main source of protein is chicken and eggs, the only dairy i have is the occasional cream, mozzarela and yoghurt. If i want red meat it is more likely beef than anything else and i like ostrich (its my pretend red meat). I have some greens (spinach etc) with most meals and I love squash. I only started having butter, nuts, dark chocolate, dried fruit and other oils recently after i lost most of my weight - which is most probably why my weight is stalling (i'm 5kg away from my goal). Since making the changes i lost weight, dont have breakouts, my hair isnt falling out, i have more energy and my high blood pressure is way down (from 200/100 to 138/85) and of course smooth "Beautiful ovaries".
    Last edited by nuraan; 11-04-2011 at 06:37 AM.

canadianwoman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuraan View Post
    Hi Not sure if will help but its been my experience and hopefully the PCOS ladies can take something out of it that will help with their symptoms.
    I don't take any contraceptive/hormonal meds - I personally think they cause more harm than good - i had my tubes clamped when i was 26 since i was already happy with the 2 kids that i had and was having problems with the pill, the shots, etc - in fact i got pregnant with my daughter using one - i had a severe case of bronchitis around the same time and stopped smoking. At 36 (2 years ago) i was diagnosed with PCOS, was 25kg overweight, hypertensive, ashmatic and unhappy. I started moving more (especially the last 7 months) - i committed myself to at least 1.5 hours exercise 3 times a week - this is not negotiable i plan everything around my workout days. I took a multivitamin and omega 3 supplement daily. The biggest change though was my diet - last year i completely cut out wheat, sugar, legumes, potatoes, milk, vegetable oil, nuts, chocolate and reduced my fruit intake to about 2 a day which was mainly apples. My main source of protein is chicken and eggs, the only dairy i have is the occasional cream, mozzarela and yoghurt. If i want red meat it is more likely beef than anything else and i like ostrich (its my pretend red meat). I have some greens (spinach etc) with most meals and I love squash. I only started having butter, nuts, dark chocolate, dried fruit and other oils recently after i lost most of my weight - which is most probably why my weight is stalling (i'm 5kg away from my goal). Since making the changes i lost weight, dont have breakouts, my hair isnt falling out, i have more energy and my high blood pressure is way down (from 200/100 to 138/85) and of course smooth "Beautiful ovaries".
    Thank you for posting your success. I also have PCOS.

jaye is offline Senior Member
    I just got done reading the current Friday success story and it reminded me to suggest that you write up your story and submit it to Mark. I love hearing about people beating illnesses!

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! I have been primal for almost two years now and it has been slow, but good progress. I just wrote in my journal how I have finally decided to cut out the dairy, chocolate, and nuts. They have been my last comfort foods. In 9 weeks I am doing a Survivor Mud Run and hope that this will finally help me reach my goal weight. Your story has encouraged me to follow through. ( I also have PCOS, but still on Metformin.)

Congratulations again!!
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Grizz is offline Banned
    The CURE for PCOS is iodine supplementation.

Severe Deficiency Symptoms for the ladies:
    * Migraine headaches (5,6)
    * Painful periods/heavy periods (5,6)
    * Pelvic pain (5,6)
    * PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome-cysts on the ovaries ) (5,6)
    * Endometriosis (5,6)
    * Fibroid Tumors (5,6)
    * Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) (5,6)
    * Breast pain (fibrous tissue) (5,6)
    * Cancers in female breasts & organs (5,6)
    (5) Iodine Deficiency and Estrogen Dominant Diseases - Jorge D. Flechas, MD - YouTube
    (6) Iodine for Health by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD

For much more go to the iodine thread and to the Yahoo Iodine Group,

Grizz

brachiate is offline Senior Member
    What's the cure for monomania?
    The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
    (Lily Tomlin)

I take life easier than almost anyone I know, but when I exercise I do it as though my life depends on it (which it does).
    (Arthur De Vany)

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brachiate View Post
    What's the cure for monomania?
    LOL! Well, it apparently isn't iodine!

We heart you Grizz.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast