Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Undercooked Eggs page

twinklebree is offline Junior Member

Undercooked Eggs

Primal Fuel
    Ugh. I think I ate some undercooked scrambled eggs today. From the middle of the meal, I started to feel nauseous (not sure why I ate the rest, but I did). I've had major nausea & been "sick" (not vomit, the other one) ever since. Any suggestions to feel better besides just letting it pass through???
    Survival of the Fittest!

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    If you're losing fluids (vomit or the other one ;-) ) make sure you're replacing them. Drink plenty, at least water, coconut water would be great if you can get it and if you can stomach it.

Probiotics maybe?..
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Echoing Misabi, a little shot of probiotic is a good idea when gut flora get out of whack. Something with a wide variety of cultures is good, like kefir. Feel better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Echoing Misabi, a little shot of probiotic is a good idea when gut flora get out of whack. Something with a wide variety of cultures is good, like kefir. Feel better soon!
    Yep, funny I was thinking of the capsules but I really should've thought about natural yoghurt & kefir.

My dogs had a bad case of food poisoning last year (thanks to some "bargain" chicken frames that I picked up at a local supermarket for $0.70/bag instead of the usual $2.99 +.... alarm bells should've been ringing, but they were even selling them as soup bones instead of pet food!).
    Gave them some natural yoghurt each and they picked right up, but only had a little so they got bad again the next day. Had to go home to pick up some that I'd made earlier in the week (a coupla hours drive, we were staying at the beach a week) and after a cup of that morning and night, they were right as rain
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklebree View Post
    Ugh. I think I ate some undercooked scrambled eggs today. From the middle of the meal, I started to feel nauseous (not sure why I ate the rest, but I did). I've had major nausea & been "sick" (not vomit, the other one) ever since. Any suggestions to feel better besides just letting it pass through???
    The chance of getting sick from *raw* eggs is very small. Dr. Mercola, who I don't particularly trust, says 1 in 30,000. The chance of getting sick from undercooked eggs is much smaller. Probably coincidence. I don't eat raw eggs but many here do.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

mikelo143 is offline Junior Member
    Exciting topic what a enormous information get by the novelist i love to read it ..
    Please join it and get more info...
    eczema products

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    The chance of getting sick from *raw* eggs is very small. Dr. Mercola, who I don't particularly trust, says 1 in 30,000. The chance of getting sick from undercooked eggs is much smaller. Probably coincidence. I don't eat raw eggs but many here do.
    True as long as you're talking about pastured eggs from healthy animals. CAFO eggs, I would suspect, are a bit more dangerous. After all, who knows what conditions the hen was in, and how long those eggs sat in the supply chain before they ended up on your plate.

Raw eggs from the farmer's market, though, I don't even refrigerate those. They stay fresh just fine at room temperature for 2-3 weeks. On the rare occasion that you get a rotten one, you'll know right away from the smell (and the way it explodes when you crack it). I have never gotten sick from raw eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    On the rare occasion that you get a rotten one, you'll know right away from the smell (and the way it explodes when you crack it).
    Had my first one the other day, didn't smell too bad but the "white" was almost fluro green

elektro is offline Member
    I've noticed that I've been getting sick pretty frequently from eating eggs ever since I switched to local/organic eggs. My guess is that the egg shells maybe aren't as clean when they come from smaller farms and they contaminate the inside of the egg when you crack them. I just posted a similar topic a couple days ago after being sick for the last couple days, which started right after I ate local eggs. I'd say it's been happening at least once every couple weeks. I'm switching back to the bigger name brands and am going to either boil them or make sure they are fully cooked from now on.

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    you know you are eating free range eggs when you find a bug in the egg when you crack it open. I grew up on a farm with our own chickens - used to happen once a year or so. Yes small producers eggs are less likely to be clean. Be carefull breaking the eggs and don't use your finger to swab the white out of the yolk. I recommend washing/drying the eggs first or cooking well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast