Thread: Not hungry anymore? page

citiusaltiusfortius is offline Junior Member

Not hungry anymore?

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys, its really weird but I just don't get hungry when I eat what is prescribed by Mark.
    I can literally go a day or two without feeling hunger. It worries me because I am very active and I don't want to lose muscle.

Currently I run about 20ish miles a week plus workout 4-5 days a week.
    I'm Male 26, 5'7" 163 lbs

Today all I had was at 2pm a cup of rasperries, about 5 handfulls of spinach and two things of organic greek yogurt and a avocado and I was already feeling full. I haven't eaten since and its 6 pm and i'm not even hungry and just feel like if I eat i'm just stuffing my self.

That might be like 6-700 calories?

Any ideas?

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on an efficient fat-burning metabolism! How long did it take you to get there?

Fat is extremely satiating, all the moreso if you're not used to eating it in large amounts. A common trick is to eat your protein first, then top up with fat.

The human body is designed to weather periods of protein shortage, so it's not a big deal if you go without for a while. Just keep an eye on your lifts and your running time to make sure your performance isn't cratering.

citiusaltiusfortius is offline Junior Member
    Thanks alot Timothy. Well I started practicing primal when i was deployed to Iraq last year. It's been crazy but I have noticed amazing benefits.. I never get sick anymore. Haven't been to the doctor in almost two years.

Well I have noticed my bench went down a bit.. I was doing 205x4 reps now 185 feels like 205. Then again that could just be a bad day at the gym! Running is still good.. ran 3.4 miles in 25 mins on a training run so I was happy with that

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    I wish that would happen to me!

jfrendek is offline Senior Member
    Lower the carbs and eat primal (i.e. nutritious) and it happens to everyone.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Wait a few days and see what happens. Don't worry for now.

Thanks for serving in Iraq!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

lydialipingL is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys, its really weird but I just don't get hungry when I eat what is prescribed by Mark.amber's bridal
    wedding dresses 2012

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    We have a troll.

HikePrimal357 is offline Junior Member
    I also experience lengthy periods of no hunger as well. I am a little over 12 weeks primal and there are times when I am just not hungry all day. I have been keeping my carbs below 50g per day. I am looking at it as a good time to try intermittent fasting. I have done a couple of 24hour fasts and have still felt little hunger throughout the day. Feeling great afterward, and my workouts have not suffered.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    This is very normal. Your appetite will come back and may be cyclical. If it persists make sure you are getting enough zinc and consider upping carbs a few days per week b