Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad stomach from eating processed grains (worse than b4 going Primal)?? page

Danny B is offline Junior Member

Bad stomach from eating processed grains (worse than b4 going Primal)??

Has anyone else found that if you've been eating Primal for a while and then you have a day or a weekend or a holiday where you just don't bother and eat what you want for that given period, that your bodies tolerance levels are lower and you really can't handle it that as much as you used to?
    I'm talking feeling really bloated and over full, indigestion, bad wind etc etc.

dado Guest
    Yes, absolutely, I have found this.

LP30 is offline Junior Member
    I don't visit as often as I used to but I was going to post the same exact question and you beat me to it.

For me, it brings great chest pain too. Takes a couple days to clean out and feel great again so I don't cheat very often. I have a 24 hr binge every now and again where even now I limit it to minimal grains.

activia is offline Senior Member
    I feel very sick like I want to puke if I eat too much sugar/grains together. (ie brownie). I used to be able to gobble up at least 5-6 without an issue. I like it cause it keeps me away from that stuff.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    I think sensitivity to these foods is somewhat of a good sign. To be able to better handle these foods, our digestive systems must have changed in some abnormal way that then negatively affected the rest of our digestion. I imagine something like the walls of our intestines becoming thicker/scarred to be able to handle the toxins better, but this in turn causes poor nutrient absorption. Know what I mean?
    Last edited by Bosnic; 10-31-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Danny B is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, that was my worry really. Is it good or bad to feel like that if you have a binge? Or has something gone wrong from eating 'Primally' that even if I wanted to to I couldn't go back to a usual western diet?

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    I definitely wouldn't worry about it. Focus on cutting grains out completely.

The negative side effects from grains aren't a sign of worsened health. I mean, what are you going to do? Begin eating grains for the sole purpose of being able to digest them better? That's backwards logic.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny B View Post
    Yeah, that was my worry really. Is it good or bad to feel like that if you have a binge? Or has something gone wrong from eating 'Primally' that even if I wanted to to I couldn't go back to a usual western diet?
    No, like Bosnic says, it's a good thing. Your system was happy to be rid of the excessive workload the SAD brings, and it is now lazy to do such menial work.

It has graduated with an engineering degree and now you ask it to go back to working the counter at the bagel shop.

I have worked at the bagel shop, both in the diet sense and in reality. I do not wish this on anyone.

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    Nothing has gone wrong. Your body has gone right.

Edje Noh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's what you get from eating birdseeds. It's to teach you that you shouldn't touch that shit.
    The first time you smoke a sigarette, it sucked bad, too, similarly to when you first drank in excess.
    You're body will build up tolerances to these things if you do them often. When you stop doing them, you're tolerances will disappear, which is a good thing, so you'll know what's bad for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast