Thread: daily protein and carbs intake page

saarx1 is offline Senior Member

daily protein and carbs intake

hi guys.
    few months ago i injured my knee and was unable to do any kind of physical activity until now.
    my doctor told me i can start swimming 3 times a week for about an hour each time and that i can go to the gym and work out (all the body except the legs).
    im 6'1 and weight about 100kg, and i wanted to know how much protein and carbs i need to get every day with this workout. (1 hour of swimming 3 times a week and also a very very easy gym workout 3 times a week)

MvEssen is offline Senior Member
    That kind of depends on a few things.
    - What is your bodyfat % (rough estimate is fine)
    - What are your goals?

A good rule of thumb is 0.7 - 1.0 grams of protein per lean LB of bodymass (1.5 - 2.2 grams per kg). That is for keeping muscle composition.
    Carbs depend a lot per person and goal. But really there is no need to count it mostly. Don't drink carbs, keep away from grains and sugar. If you want to lose it's a smart idea not to eat tubers, fruit and rice either. But this last part can fluctuate per person. With these things in mind there will hardly be any need to count carbs (nor calories).

Lawbat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    http://www.intermittentfast.net/calc...t-fasting-diet

this is a little hardcore for my tastes, but it's definitely one approach that works