Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: November: No Nuts Paleo or Primal Month page

Leida is offline Senior Member

November: No Nuts Paleo or Primal Month

Shop Now
    This is a continuation of the October Paleo or Primal No Nuts challenge!

Commit to your version of the paleo/primal, decide what you are going to track, and blast off!

My November Goals/Commitments:

-Paleo diet with tubers & non-gluten grains on carb-up days
    -no nuts/nut butters on Paleo days
    -stick to UD2.0 - it is working wonders, even if it is hard as hell on depletion days
    -1 cheat meal a week during carb-up on UD (i.e. avoid Sat evening sugar binge)
    -limit dairy to home-made kefir and quark (i.e. stop dipping into plain yogurt!)
    -fruit consumption is allowed only on Sunday and Monday
    -150 min of cardio a week with 1 HIIT session and the rest being steady state

I will track the following:

November 1: +/-, cal, total carb, protein, excersise, where +/- indicate sticking to the commitments or not
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Sweet. This is essentially what I'm doing with the carb refeeds. Depletion days with as many skipped meals as I can handle. No Nuts/Fruit/or yogurt (I might need to have yogurt a few times depending on the expiration date of it..since the fat content it will be the day after carb up day). 1 sprint day, 1 boot camp day (this would qualify as HIIT), 1 kickboxing day (also HIIT, + strength), 1 strength with body weight exercises. Walk everyday. 1 carb refuel day..this for me is going to be on thursdays which is my kickboxing day and I'm not considering it a cheat day..primal and using glucous as my carbs in the form of tubers and white rice and keeping <30g of fat on these days. 5-6 other days will be VLC <30g of carbs. I also am committing to get up at least every hour from my desk.

Challenge me on daily burn!
    Fitness Challenges - Carb Refeed Experiment - DailyBurn

loligoss is offline Senior Member
    This is going to be really hard for me. Not sure I can commit...

No real nuts allowed
    Allowed nut flours, nut butters, coconut in any form or shape, nut milk
    Fruit - limited to 2 portions max a day
    Cheese - limited to 2-3 ounces a day
    Friday Night and Saturday allowed to have glass of wine/liqueur and dark chocolate

Now for the easy part...
    Exercise: Swimming once a week, 3 times a week toning, everyday 25 pushups, 2 minute plank, 25 pullups, climb stairs at work and at home, gym exercise 1-2 a week for 40 minutes

I'm committed for November

crogagnon is offline Member
    I'm curious, what's UD2.0 and UD?

It's one of Lyle McDonald's programs, Ultimate Diet 2.0 (basically cyclic carb refeed combined with a specific excersise plan for people who want to achieve sub-average body fat level (i.e. under 18% for women, under 12% for men), discussed at length here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread32876.html

crogagnon is offline Member
    Thanks.

On we GO! Since my Ultimate Diet weeks run from Saturday to Saturday, I will include a few October days for reference & ease of tracking.

Weigh in #2: 121 lbs, 17.5% BF
    --UD 2.0 WEEK 4 CARB UP --
    October 29: - NOT PALEO, 3450 cals, 690 g carbs, 112 g protein; Intesnity workout, strolling
    October 30: + 1700 cals, 190 g carbs, 150 g protein; Power workout, play
    October 31: + 16 hrs fast, 1630 cals, 108 g carbs, 140 g protein; 35 min jog + stroll
    --UD 2.0 WEEK 4 CARB DOWN--

November 1: plan to have 900 cals with 43 g carbs and 135 g protein

Despite avoiding all the candy, I ate extra fruit and a bowl of yogurt, which took me over the planned amount of food. My weight gain after this carb up is very high (5 lbs), must be the high amount from fat from cheese yesterday, so I plan on staying to 900 calories during the carb down this week, and instead of hoping for maintenance, hoping to limit the gain this week.

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    im in starting today. for this diet whats ur fat grams stand on both carb up and down weeks. Im trying to gain muscle only. im 5' 11" 164lbs at 10% BF. my workouts everyweek is thursday/friday heavy weights. im pretty active rest of week, with 2 HIITS and 1 Sprint, play golf 3 times a week carrying bag and i fast everyday at least 16hrs. currently eating about 300 to 400g of carbs a day on refeeds. gonna pick up the book soon also
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

In my case, my fats are 30% or under on both carb-down and 15-20% and under on carb-up. My physiology is not adapted to consumming fat, and I cannot lose weight when I do Primal or Anabolic (i.es 60-70% fat), so I do Paleo instead. But that is my personal thinggie, and I am following Lyle's diet and workout plan as close as possible.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    In my case, it's going to be no nut butters forever!

I did the no nuts October challenge and actually began mid-September for a full 6 weeks before I bought a jar of almond butter today. I had found that it was a real 'trigger' for me, and I overate it (a jar rarely lasted longer than 3 days). I hoped that a period of abstinence would give me more control. Alas, it was even worse.

So since almond butter is clearly a 'trigger' food for me, it's no longer in my house--ever.

On another forum, I read that those of us working at maintenance after a substantial weight loss need to find some NTTs (non-triggering treats). I'd hoped that almond butter would be one for me--but it's not.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast