Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simple question about fat burning. page

barehard Guest

Primal Fuel

Say I am eating 50g of carbs a day from vegetables/fruit. I am also eating 1g per pound of my lean body mass in protein. I am in fat burning mode right? Is it possible to store fat if I overeat it? I want to gain muscle and with fat being the only variable, I want to eat as much as I can. Am I jeopardising my fat loss from my oh so stubborn belly?

Ps I've read Mark's articles first over and over and it doesn't seem to click in my head yet, can someone explain any simpler to me?

Tarlach is offline Member

Carbs have the most control over storing bodyfat. Keep them low enough and it's almost impossible to store excess body fat (I'm talking about calories from meat not dairy).

I am almost ZC and I eat about 2lb (or more) of meat for one meal every day. I am building muscle quite nicely and dropping body fat.

I did find that the last bit of stubborn ab fat went very slowly. I noticed that things like ZC, IF and no alcohol helped.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

barehard Guest

Thanks tarlach. I think I've seen you post a pic of yourself on another forum. That's the type of body I would like thank you very much.

Wow..2 lb. That's a lot of meat in one go. I felt like a pig for eating just over 1 lb today lol. Has there been any conclusive research on how much protein can be digested properly in one go? I know CW used to warn about eating more than 60g in a sitting but my gut feeling is it all gets dealt with in due course.

David is offline Senior Member

Tarlach, what do you mean by ZC?

Shami Guest

I am not Tarlach, but ZC is zero carbs.

[quote]

my gut feeling is it all gets dealt with in due course.
    </blockquote>

Pretty much. If you aren&#39;t eating often, your body will hang onto food longer.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )

neighborhood fit is offline Junior Member

Hey Tarlach,

Please explain what you mean (so that I understand). "If you aren&#39;t eating often, your body will hang onto food longer."

Do you mean in terms of not getting hungry or storing fat.

Thanks.

I mean the food sits in your digestive system longer.

It&#39;s not really related to hunger or storing fat.

Hunger and storing fat are controlled by things like insulin and leptin (ie eating carbs).

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

neighborhood fit is offline Junior Member

Thanks Tarlach. Since starting PB, I&#39;ve noticed that I don&#39;t eat the 5-6 meals a day anymore and I haven&#39;t felt deprived at all. I feel liberated actually.

Thanks again.

Ocean is offline Junior Member

Tarlac, are you literally eating as much protein and fat as you can to add on size? Or have I misinterpreted your response?

If you don&#39;t mind me asking what BF% are you at the moment?

I&#39;m wondering where you get your fat source from?

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast