Thread: Regarding Beans... page

Bosnic is offline Senior Member

Regarding Beans...

Shop Now
    My body really doesn't handle peanuts well. I just ate a handful of roasted "Broad Beans" (wiki), and I'm wondering if I should expect the same outcome... :\

When I eat peanuts I get bloated, have indigestion and mild pain, and all in all it really irritates my digestive system.
    Last edited by Bosnic; 10-30-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Pegasus is offline Junior Member
    I would avoid peanuts, then, and stick to almonds, walnuts, macadamias and other nuts. Peanuts are actually a legume, so maybe you won't have the same reaction to the fava beans. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    I would avoid peanuts, then, and stick to almonds, walnuts, macadamias and other nuts. Peanuts are actually a legume, so maybe you won't have the same reaction to the fava beans. Good luck!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but beans and legume are interchangeable words. Also, both peanuts and Broad Beans are part of the family called Fabaceae (aka bean family/legume family).

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I note that Kurt Harris, who I consider a very reliable authority now calls legumes (other than peanuts and soy beans) "benign." I eat them several times a week with no problems. I eat some peanuts too.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Also remember that modern peanuts contain synthetic proteins that don't exist in nature. If you eat them, it's your own roll of the dice as to what they might do to your body.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Also remember that modern peanuts contain synthetic proteins that don't exist in nature. If you eat them, it's your own roll of the dice as to what they might do to your body.
    Do broad beans contain the same type of proteins? I avoid peanuts at all cost, I'm just wondering about the beans I just ate...

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how modified beans are in general. I haven't studied beans, because I never felt the need to justify their consumption. But I did find that virtually all peanuts in any store are unnatural, man-made aberrations. I really liked peanuts and it has not been easy to live without them, except for the missing inflammation and joint pain.

Beans, I don't know.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html