Thread: my 30 day challenge page

kariev34 Guest

Primal Fuel

so instead on continueing my progress on my other thread, i've decided to start a 30 day checkin for myself. So today went as follows:

breakfast: 1 egg, 1 cup egg white (will reduce egg whites tomorrow and add more whole eggs) 1Tbsp olive oil, 2 cups spinach, 1Tbsp cream in coffee

lunch: large salad with 6 oz chicken, 25 pistachio nuts, 1 Tbsp olive oil, vinegar

snack: 2% fage yogurt with 1Tbsp almond butter

dinner: large salad with 6 oz blackened mahi mahi

dessert: 1 medium apple with 1 Tbsp almond butter.

I entered all of it into thedailyplate.com and it came out to 74g carbs, 63g of fat, 140g protein. My goal starting is just to stay under 100g of carbs. I REALLY enjoy eating an apple with a nut butter after dinner so that will be the only fruit i will eat. I ended up with a headache today which i guess is common since i'm used to eating at least 200g of carbs a day. Overall i think all went well. I did just buy some almond meal and coconut oil to incorporate daily. It felt really weird not to eat any grains but it wasn't terrible. We'll see how day 2 goes

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Getting used to not having grains can feel a bit odd, but it is defintely worth it! Sounds like you had a good food day!