Thread: Aching Legs page

LynM is offline Junior Member

Aching Legs

Shop Now
    I've been eating Primal for a couple of weeks now and I've already lost 5 kilos, which is great news. I don't suffer from hypoglacaemic attacks the way I used to, which is such a relief. But I find my legs are always aching, even when I first get up in the morning.
    Now, yes, I'm old but we won't talk about that. I'm a cleaner so I do physical work every day and I also try to do extra exercise each day in the form of weights, resistance bands, pilates and walking on the treadmill (not all at once of course)
    I take Glucosamine, Multi Vitamins and Magnesium capsules and I try to stay hydrated. I would appreciate any suggestions as far as combating this problem with aching legs.

cyanne is offline Junior Member
    Have you been eating a lot of nuts? I had been eating a ton of pistachio nuts and experienced the same thing. I stopped eating nuts and the leg pain stopped.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I was going to suggest magnesium,. but seeing you already do that, I'm not sure.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I had a problem with severe muscle fatigue and aching when I joined the forum. The suggestion I got were magnesium oil or Natural Calm magnesium powder, potassium, and vitamin D. Once I started these supplements my issues went away. I had recently gotten lazy with the potassium supplement and my symptoms came back so I know potassium is a big part of it for me.

Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I have been eating nuts so perhaps I should give them a miss for a while. Yes, perhaps I need to look at my Magnesium supplement as I guess they are not all what they are cracked up to be.

Paleobird Guest
    You may also be overdoing the exercise a bit. Take one day a week off at least just to let things heal up. This is not just my advice, that is is the PB fitness guide that you can download for free if you want.

And, on the seventh day, Grok rested.

Tarna is offline Junior Member
    Dear Lynn,
    I had the same problems with my legs. When are you taking your Magnesium? Are you taking it with the multivitamin? I found out that certain vitamins will lock up the ability to absorb the magnesium. You want to make sure you are not taking them together. I take my magnesium at night BEFORE i go to bed. I take my multivitamin in the morning. If you are taking them together then you are just flushing your money down the toilet.

Will You Get Enough Magnesium Taking Multivitamin? | LIVESTRONG.COM
    Can You Take A Multivitamin & Magnesium? | LIVESTRONG.COM
    "TIMING
    The University of Maryland Medical Center recommends that you take either a B-complex vitamin or a multivitamin if you take magnesium supplements, since vitamin B-6 is necessary for magnesium absorption. However, magnesium can interfere with the absorption of zinc and calcium, so you may want to take your magnesium supplement at a separate time from your multivitamin so you can benefit from the vitamin B-6 it contains without jeopardizing your absorption of these minerals."

If you can you want to take magnesium with vitamin b6.Hope this helps.

Tarna is offline Junior Member
    Dear Lynn,
    I had the same problems with my legs. When are you taking your Magnesium? Are you taking it with the multivitamin? I found out that certain vitamins will lock up the ability to absorb the magnesium. You want to make sure you are not taking them together. I take my magnesium at night BEFORE i go to bed. I take my multivitamin in the morning. If you are taking them together then you are just flushing your money down the toilet.

Will You Get Enough Magnesium Taking Multivitamin? | LIVESTRONG.COM
    Can You Take A Multivitamin & Magnesium? | LIVESTRONG.COM
    "TIMING
    The University of Maryland Medical Center recommends that you take either a B-complex vitamin or a multivitamin if you take magnesium supplements, since vitamin B-6 is necessary for magnesium absorption. However, magnesium can interfere with the absorption of zinc and calcium, so you may want to take your magnesium supplement at a separate time from your multivitamin so you can benefit from the vitamin B-6 it contains without jeopardizing your absorption of these minerals."

If you can you want to take magnesium with vitamin b6.Hope this helps.

Thanks Tarna

Thank you for the links and the information. I will definitely give that a try and the bit about the Vitamin B6 was a wake up call as I am supposed to be taking that as well